Your opinion about my amp... - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Your opinion about my amp...

Hailz to everybody!!!

I've recently bought an amp... It's a Randall RG100SC... 100 Watt

What's do you think about this amp?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 07:12 PM

I might sound cliché or déjà vu, but what YOU think about it is what counts!
the guys in Soilwork use randall amps right? so they are ok I guess
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 07:18 PM

Well, I feel your amp has insecurity issues stemming from a childhood spent under the constant and oppressive tutelage of his step-aunt, who dressed him right up to the age of 11 in dresses and frocks. These insecurities manifest themselves in a tendancy towards drunken exess, and after he puked on my carpet for the seventh or so time, I banned him from my house. In short, your amp is a frock-wearing sad excuse for a grown man.

Better?

-D
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-28-2004, 06:31 AM Thread Starter

Can I hang myself now?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-28-2004, 09:42 PM

no. your amp puked all over my carpet, not you- i have no grudge with you.

-D
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 07:20 AM Thread Starter

Well dude, I'll surely hang my amp up!!! LOL
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 07:42 AM

what a surreal thread...
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 11:03 AM

haha, yeah, this IS a bit out there... Don't worry man, we're usually not this weird, you just caught me at a strange time, i guess.

What kind of stuff are you playing with that amp? Never got my hands on a randal... solid state/tube? What are your thoughts? You could play the ****tiest rig in the world and if you get good sounds out of it, you'll get respected for it, or you could drop $15000 on like the Rack of Death or something and make it sound like crap and get derrided- don;t worry about what WE think.

I'm curious for your thoughts, though. got any sound clips?

-D
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 12:11 PM

dude ibanez man.. i just played a couple of those randall solid state amps yesterday at a store.. I had to pick up new tubes for my marshall and go figure they didn't carry them.. but for being a relatively cheap amp and being solid state.. i thought they had some decent crunch to them... i don't usually use very much distortion.. so its a litle too highg gain for me.. but if i was looking for something half decent for the price i would consider it. and what drew said is right.. find your own tone if you like the sound of a randall solid state then it's a good tone. personally i can't wait to sell my marshall and buy a mesa mark IV.. but they are faily expensive.. keep jamming man
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-01-2004, 01:13 PM

The lead channel on the mark IV KILLS. I have yet to get a really good rhythm tone out of the thing (pretty mushy in the low end, especially with a 7), but I was seriously considering selling my TSL for one the other day... until I just couldn't put down the used Martin 16-series i was playing at the guitar shop i used to frequent back when i lived in the berkshires the other night... Ah well, it's my first acoustic.

-D
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

Hey dudes... What's Up?

Come on Drew, chill out... Well i intent to use the god damn amp
for ultra heavy hi gain stuff! Using gain 2! This damn thing has a good
gain 1 channel! Capable for good lead stuff! I've also purchased the behringer virtualizer pro... and i'm search of good tones!!!

I always wanted an Mesa Boogie... but too expencive man!!!

Hey Mark IV Kicks Ass... My teacher has it...

Try a Rectifier! You have it at 5 and it blows up the insolation from the next wall studio!

Keep Soloing Dudes...
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 09:35 PM

relax, 570, I'm just kidding with ya.

Randalls are supposed to be good for high gain metal stuff, so you ought to do just fine.

I never quite got a lead tone i was happy with out of a recto... i mean, there were plenty of good lead sounds in it, just not "mine." The mark, on the other hand... Eh, both good amps, either way, that'd i'd love to own.

-D
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 12:42 AM

Reviews: 1
570, T' Kanis?
I think if you're happy with your amp, that is all that matters.
If you bought the amp, it was probably for a reason, you liked it.

Kali Nixta

Bammbamm
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-2004, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

Well man for now... I love my amp! It's not a Mark or a Recto
but it's has killer gains and brilliand cleans!

But i'm troubled about my lead tone... i'm not sure i like the randall's leads! I just don't know yet!

Ox ox ox! Ela re patrida! Ti kaneis? Ela na ta poume apo msn!

Tags
guitar shop , mesa boogie , mesa mark , solid state amp , solid state amps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode