ZOOM 9002 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2003, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

ZOOM 9002

anybody had any experience with this effects processor before? im gonna give it a try, second hand, and would like you guys' opinions~ i heard that it sounds great from headphones, but not when going thru to the amp~ that guys is selling it to me complete with adaptor and footswitch for 80 bucks~ wooo~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2003, 10:10 AM

I have one and it has served me well over the past 10 or 12 years, but now it works when it wants. I have since been looking into a Korg PX4 or the R series. The 9002 does sound pretty good through headphones and for a little jam unit it is good. You are correct - through an amp it does NOT sound good.
Out,
GP
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2003, 11:29 AM

Mine is also on the fritz now (after 12 years, but actually it started fritzing a few years back).

It doesn't sound as good as the newer generation units, IMO. A Korg Pandora or Zoom PS02 will be better. In fact, an older Pandora PX2 or PX3 should be in the same used price range, and that's how I'd go (I've had all the units I've mentioned, BTW).

BUT, if you LIKE the sound and feel, and want to have it "in hand" before buying - go ahead. It IS pretty nice.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2003, 11:45 AM

I totally forgot that I had my 9002 until I saw your post.....it was a cool processor back in the day, but technology has come a long way in the past 10-15 years. For what it is, an old digital fx processor that fits in your guitar case and runs on batteries....it sounds ok....My 9002 did not come with a footswitch, it has a 1/8" phono jack which goes to a "remote" attached to a cable with 4 buttons on it....the cable it about 2-3 feet long(remote???)......not quite a footswitch, more like a finger switch, and that defeats the purpose, maybe the footswitch is a custom thing?. It only allows remote channel switching (4 options) from the current bank, you cant change the bank memory location by remote.....remember remote=2-3 feet.

Make sure you check out all the cool, low priced toys available now (2003)......for example.......for a little more money you can get a Line 6 guitarport, which I feel has much more "bang for the buck" in terms of useful guitar tones, and backing track/learning capabilities, but unless you have a laptop, its not battery powered. I would not spend too much money on a 9002 unless battery power is your main objective. Hope that helps.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2003, 05:09 AM

This unit rocks and sounds a million times better than any POD etc with a single coil equipped guitar. I got mine dirt cheap and I love it, it also goes down well to tape.

Yngwie used this for all his demo stuff from 92 to 95. The 'I Cant Wait' ep I am pretty sure is the 9002 coz I have nailed that tone with my 9002 and YJM Strat.

Tags
backing track , equipped guitar , yjm strat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode