Zoom g7.1 effects pedal - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Zoom g7.1 effects pedal

Hey guys. my friend just brought over his Zoom g7.1 effect pedal and it is for sale. I have been playing with the pedal for a few hours and am becoming familiar with this pedal. the price is $240 from $320 new. It is in great condition and so far I am pleased with the sounds i am getting out of my amp. I will continue to play with this new toy for another day or two but I am interested in what you Jemsiters think. Any experience with these? Good deal? Let me know. In case it matters, I am using rgs with dimarzio pups. I want drop tuning metal/ petrucci sounds to vai sounds to jimy page style.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 12:36 AM

Re: Zoom g7.1 effects pedal

..... how to open a can of worms 101 .......

If you like it, buy it - that's the only thing that matters - by the time you get a dozen replies here, your head will be spinning and you'll no longer be sure of where's up and where's down!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 05:18 AM

Reviews: 120

Yeah, if you like the sounds, buy it. I have one too and I love it. Great sounding unit, especially for the money. Good tones for recording direct to pc, or even through an amp.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 09:14 AM

Reviews: 65

The zoom is quite nice, though the g9.x is much better sounding (IMHO) and overall I prefer the sound of the VOX tonelab SE for studio recordings.

Though I still think for live performance and CD production I mostly use my rig (JSX head plus pedals). As IMHO no modeller can (at this time) replace the real thing.
I am looking forward though what zoom and Vox will be putting on the market in the future... The Line6 and Boss Modellers did not cut it for me (but may be OK for droptuned NuMetal sounds).

Tags
dimarzio pups , jsx head , vox tonelab

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode