Zoom G7 Vs G9 - Page 2 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 01:08 PM

Re: Zoom G7 Vs G9

Zoom has made some killer stuff, like the PD-01 PowerDrive, Tri-Metal, and other true-bypass, MIJ, analog effects.

I would not judge a company by it's entry-level gear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 01:50 PM

I completely agree,zoom made some killer stuff wich kills guitar's tone !!!
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREVA View Post
Then we don't agree at all.
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 02:02 PM

That was fun !
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 02:14 PM

Talking Re: Zoom G7 Vs G9

Quote:
I don't know how good or bad Zoom is, but that was funny.
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 02:24 PM

post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 08:02 PM

Reviews: 120

Quote:
I have zoom G2 for studing and composing.It is cra.p.Zoom always was a cra.p and still is.How can you tell what I do with my life if you didn't know me ?Do you have crystal ball ?
I play since 1985 so I bet I already used every guitar equipment on the streets,so zoom is cra.p.Like I said for studing and composing,it's ok,nothing more than that.
Somebody who believes that a cra.p digital with everything inside toy is good,should buy brains !!

BRAINS I NEED BRAINS !!!
Right so you have a Zoom G2. Did you try the G7.1ut or G9.2tt? They are a lot more advanced than the G2, so you are basically comparing apples to oranges. There are some big differences between the G2 and the upper models.

Congratulations on your playing since 1985 and having played everything on the streets (which I doubt you've come anywhere near playing everything because no one could ever have played everything). I hope your trying to throw your apparent skills and time playing around has made your e-penis feel bigger than it was in the first place. I'm not going to enter in to that argument because it is pointless.

Apologies to the rest on here for my rant, it just really annoys me when some one rants on like they know what they are talking about when they have nothing to base their brazen opinions on. To the original poster It's clear from the people who have posted on here that most have found the G7.1ut/G9.2tt to be a great machine, so I'd be basing my initial judgments on the majority, not someone who rants with no real backup of evidence.
But like I said originally, try them out, and if you are happy with the sounds you can produce pick one up for your self, don't listen to the rest of us.
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 08:59 PM

Nothing to base ???!!!
Do you know me !!??
I'm a guitar player and a recording engineer.I already played with all models (the famous ones) of amps,pedals and modellers.I have a recording studio so my clients sometimes have new equipments like those zooms you said.They all sound like cra.p.Who already played through a tube amp,knows it.For you ,zoom player,obviously zoom is good because YOU don't know what is good.Nobody in the world make albums using zoom,even the crapiest bands,so enjoy your zoom and your lack of experience.
I already recorded every modeler in the market and about distortions,all of them sounds terrible.Of course for you who only play your zoom in your bedroom can't understand what I'm talking about.
Kiko loureiro,long time friend use a zoom as a buster,you know why?
Because zoom pay him to use it.Me and Kiko already played in 8 instrument fairs,we showed our zooms to crowd but our sound came from a tube amp in the backstage.
So zoom and all digital modelers are really good for who can't afford a tube amp and for studIng and composing.

I told my experiences not to mean like I'm better than anyone here but just because that moron wich really don't know me and have nothing better to do than GUESSING what I did or not.
I only talk about equipments I used and recorded,if I didn't used,I won't talk about.
I'm from a third world ,people don't have money so 98% have zoom or some other modeller.

I know I'm a newbie here but I can't stand a creature wich don't know me started GUESSING what I did or not in my life.!!!!!!!!

I'm just trying to share my experiences and maybe could help somebody unexperienced. Maybe not.
But I'll try

Last edited by TREVA; 09-08-2007 at 09:09 PM.
post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 09:11 PM

Reviews: 120

Dude, well maybe you need to learn how to explain yourself better. I really don't care whether or not you've used all this gear, and what you think is crap or not. You need to sort out the attitude you portray online, because you come across as pompous, and it's not a good look. Sure not all of us can afford all the best gear, me included, but the Zoom G7.1ut works wonders for me with what I've got to play with. Also cut out the bragging, sure you may have some experience in various things, but you high and mighty attitude sucks big time. The way you share your experiences is to put people down, and most don't like that. If you think something is not so good, don't bag out the people who do use it or are looking at using it, try and be a little more constructive and people will take what you say a hell of a lot better.
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 09:18 PM

In case you didn't noticed I'm from Brazil so english isn't my first language,and obviously the way you talk there is different of the way we talk here,so this is a forum to the whole world ,WE have to understand that other people have different ways of expressing themselves in their own countries.
But what matters aren't the way I or YOU express ourselves BUT the experience shared.
Peace and sorry for my poor english .
Wait.....it's not my first language so I think it is very good
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 09:32 PM

A review by Guitar World

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YUGlVG8-fI
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Nothing to base ???!!!
Do you know me !!??
I'm a guitar player and a recording engineer.I already played with all models (the famous ones) of amps,pedals and modellers.I have a recording studio so my clients sometimes have new equipments like those zooms you said.They all sound like cra.p.Who already played through a tube amp,knows it.For you ,zoom player,obviously zoom is good because YOU don't know what is good.Nobody in the world make albums using zoom,even the crapiest bands,so enjoy your zoom and your lack of experience.
I already recorded every modeler in the market and about distortions,all of them sounds terrible.Of course for you who only play your zoom in your bedroom can't understand what I'm talking about.
Kiko loureiro,long time friend use a zoom as a buster,you know why?
Because zoom pay him to use it.Me and Kiko already played in 8 instrument fairs,we showed our zooms to crowd but our sound came from a tube amp in the backstage.
So zoom and all digital modelers are really good for who can't afford a tube amp and for studIng and composing.

I told my experiences not to mean like I'm better than anyone here but just because that moron wich really don't know me and have nothing better to do than GUESSING what I did or not.
I only talk about equipments I used and recorded,if I didn't used,I won't talk about.
I'm from a third world ,people don't have money so 98% have zoom or some other modeller.

I know I'm a newbie here but I can't stand a creature wich don't know me started GUESSING what I did or not in my life.!!!!!!!!

I'm just trying to share my experiences and maybe could help somebody unexperienced. Maybe not.
But I'll try
So Zoom pays him to use a discontinued, out of date, boost pedal........ Yeah, okay.

Dude: TONE. IS. SUBJECTIVE. Stop acting like you know what's better for others.

It's better to say: I don't like that stuff.

Rather than: That's ****, you don't know what's good, I do, etc etc.

Last edited by toshiro; 09-08-2007 at 11:12 PM.
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 11:12 PM

sound samples are misleading.
the rocktron samples are misleading because the guitarist is one amazing player.
line 6 samples always sound terrible because the playing is amateur.

line 6 products are not much more expensive but are much more versatile (you can't turn the wah on and off on the rocktron? no tuner?)

I can't speak for zoom.
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 11:40 PM

Treva was like this on Ibanez forums, that's why i quit them.... but for some reason, he won every single argument on there. now there's only people like him left there.... you mention digital on those forums are you're jumped on.... sad *shakes head*
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 12:31 AM

No you quit there because people hated your stupid questions and what you said about yourself =

I'm a teenager with my own business,money and lots of girls !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is YOYO a teen with his own business,money and lots of girls who plays sh.it out of tune non sense music and thinks he is a god.
There are lots of his nonsense threads about what he is and about the amazing tone he got through his crate 15 watts + gt8.
A stupid teen wich doesn't represents all of other teens wich are very polites and study music with passion.
YOYO is a brainless moron acting like I'm Steve Vai !!!!!!!!!!!
If all of you went to ibanez forum,you'll see with your own eyes what people think about him.
There are some members here wich are part of ibanez forum too.They know YOYO's stupidity very well !
But well I'm a newbie here .

Last edited by TREVA; 09-09-2007 at 12:41 AM.

Tags
boost pedal , boss pedal , boss pedals , expression pedal , frank gambale , kiko loureiro , mesa boogie , solid state amp , solid state amps , steve vai , stomp box , tube amp , tube amps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode