F-S: One month old JEM77BRMR bought through Rich Harris... - Jemsite
Classified Ads: Ibanez JEM/UV Guitars Classified ads for Ibanez JEM and Universe Guitars only. List your JEM/UVs for sale and/ or trade. List items you Want to buy. This topic is heavily moderated and links to auctions are not permitted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
Van

F-S: One month old JEM77BRMR bought through Rich Harris...

Just got it a month or so ago directly from Rich of "Ibanez Rules" fame (the multi colored swirl banner at the top of this here "Jemsite" page)...

Lifted directly from his website, and make sure to read those two descriptive links of his I provided, here's what Rich does for his customers...

.................................................. .................................................. ....

JEM77BRMR - After years of of R&D the long anticipated Mirror Jem finally makes its debut.

Prestige 5 piece maple/walnut neck

18mm 1st fret - 20mm 12th fret

43mm nut width

Warmoth 6105 Frets

Basswood body

Edge Pro bridge

Dimarzio Breed neck p/u

Dimarzio Custom mid p/u

Dimarzio Breed bridge p/u

Chrome hardware

BRMR - Black Rock Mirror

All Edge Pro equipped guitars get the locking stud mod detailed here...

http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/stud_mod_03.htm

In addition to the comprehensive setup performed, a full fret level, crown, and polish is now standard for 2005. Full details here.

http://www.ibanezrules.com/new/setup_trem.htm

List price $3099.99, includes molded J Craft case.

.................................................. .................................................. ....

Suffice it to say, NO retailer sets up a new JEM from start to finish as well as Rich Harris. Dude truly lives up to the hype.

Anyway, this guitar is dead nuts perfect. Other than taking off the plastic over the pickguard it's in the exact same pristine shape it was in when I opened up Rich's amazingly thorough packing job. Zero nicks, dings or scratches. It's a brand new '06, bone stock, serial # F0604424, in the "Team Ibanez J Craft" case with all the endless case candy and the ginormous owner's manual. (That freaking owner's manual is larger than the ones that come with most new automobiles!)

I'm getting pics taken of her tomorrow, for inclusion in the e-bay ad I'll place tomorrow night. Pics are pretty unneccessary though since it literally looks identical to every other brand new mirrored JEM77BRMR you've ever seen that was in perfect, unflawed condition.

The reason I'm selling her? Rich will laugh at this once he reads it but he'll probably recall our phone conversation before I bought the guitar. I talked to him for about forty minutes about this guitar, the JEM7VWH, the Andy Timmons model and the John Scofield model. I was totally torn between all sorts of guitars. Finally, about a week later, I made up my mind and bought the "Bad Horsie" JEM from Rich.

Awesome looking/sounding guitar. Freaking gorgeous guitar. Perfect playing instrument...

....but the wrong guitar for me. I'm primarily a blues player and as such I barely use the Edge Pro or the 24 frets and I certainly don't use 'em with nearly enough aggression to justify having 'em. I'm also used to mahogany, and chunkier necks.

Right guitar, wrong guy. I shoulda got either the Scofield or the Timmons (or something else entirely), ie, something more in line with what I play. Having already owned a JEM7VWH for a couple years, I shoulda known, huh?

Oh well, now I know for sure, once and for all. I'm now fully cured. Or doomed. Whatever.

Anyway, this guitar's never been gigged and I never flung it in the air or swung it around my back. Since I've had her for these few weeks she's been babied more than my wife. (By far, according to my wife...)

I won't take less than $1900 plus insured UPS Ground shipping for her and the first $2K plus shipping will nab her. Check my e-bay rating under "flamedkoafatboy" and you'll see that you can buy from me with complete confidence.

PM me or e-mail me at [email protected] but one way or the other jump on this thing right away!

Van
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 01:30 AM
Vendor

Re: F-S: One month old JEM77BRMR bought through Rich Harris...

I got that feeling when you couldn't decide between a JSM and a JEM
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 05:44 AM Thread Starter
Van

Talking Re: F-S: One month old JEM77BRMR bought through Rich Harris...

It's always been that way with me...utterly retarded, torn between polar opposites.

What I really want is an Andy Timmons model, only with a 14" radius rosewood fretboard, stainless steel 6105 frets and a recessed Wilky route. Gotta have 22 frets with a JEM style contoured neck heel and in a perfect world it'd also have a mahogany neck that's a little thicker than the Prestige neck on the JEM. Cool fretboard inlays like what's on either the Timmons model or a JEM7VWH wouldn't suck either. That'd be my perfect guitar.

Uhhhh, got anything like that laying around the shop??

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 12:49 AM Thread Starter
Van

I've decided I can take another $100 off...

$1800 plus shipping, with a cashier's check or money order.

$1872 plus shipping, for PayPal. ($1800 plus 4% to cover the PayPal fee.)
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 04:49 AM

Reviews: 27

I wish I could get it right now.. I live about twenty miles away... Too many already..Chris
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Van

I know we're not allowed to post auction links here so for those who want to see the actual pics and further description of my guitar I'll just give a heads up that I finally got around to posting my e-bay ad for it today and it's available for viewing now...
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 07:15 PM

*No posting E-bay links or other auction advertisements.
*No posting items currently on auction or on other paid classifieds.

So then this thread needs to be locked??
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Van

Oh, okay, I thought I was only supposed to refrain from posting auction links.

We're not allowed to post anything pertaining to 'em either then?

No problem. My apologies. Mods, please go ahead and delete that one announcement post of mine, but leave this thread open otherwise.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 03:22 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

no longer on auction... request to reopen thread... glen
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Van

Thanks, Glen...
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Van

Sold.
Closed Thread

Tags
andy timmons , andy timmons model , basswood body , breed bridge , chrome hardware , dimarzio breed , edge pro bridge , equipped guitar , fret level , john scofield , locking stud , locking stud mod , rosewood fretboard , sounding guitar , walnut neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode