FS? 1988 Jem77FP - Jemsite
Classified Ads: Ibanez JEM/UV Guitars Classified ads for Ibanez JEM and Universe Guitars only. List your JEM/UVs for sale and/ or trade. List items you Want to buy. This topic is heavily moderated and links to auctions are not permitted.

3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ayrton
  • 2 Post By Rich

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2020, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Y2K

FS? 1988 Jem77FP

G'day scredders & scredderettés.(combined introduction/seeking advice/selling?)
A few decades ago this man used 2 play his guitars daily. Butt! Started my own company, got married, had kids & went busy.
Now my body is worn down, from thousands of hours of manual labour, handling heavy machinery in overkill M.O. 4 way to long.
Long story short. Selling the house, the shop, and everything in it.
As iI'm cleaning out my server room, I dug out a 1988 Jem77 FP In Gigbag. Made In Japan - S/N 883347. I almost forgot 'bout it!
As I'm probably never gonna play guitar again, due to heavy arthritis/Secondary Raynaud's in Hands/Fingers/joints ect.
I wish to have some qualified opnions on pricing as I wish to offer it up for sale.
It havent been played for a while ) Been in storage for the better part of the last 20 years.
I gave it a clean, sat it up with a new set of DD 10's
(In 2000 I left a Fastfret kit an a set of tenna's in the bag, 4 the future!,o))
Fired it up with a tiny, entry level pignose i the garage: Plays and sounds great!/4 what my hands/fingas could manage.
Owned since 1996 as I traded* for it at a local guitarshop in Denmark.
*(A black 1994 40th anniv.USA Fender strat/mod SH-4 JB HB in the rear w. B/W spider Pickguard & a spanking new 1996 BOSS GT5 Board) So I guess i really wanted it, despite the battered & abused first impresssion**. Hence in those days Signature guitars like SV Jem's,JS100, Hetfield, Hammet, Mustaine, Dimebag ect. Did not come around very often in this little city in this tiny country.
And the interwebs was just starting out. So I went all in, on it.
I must have played it everyday 97-2000/1... recall a single gig in 97.
**It had the exact same look/nick's n bumb's when I bought it & I never stop wondering who would handle such a fine instrument leaving it in this condition after 7 years? Maybe stevie Himself who knows? ), as it didn't made sense back then, and still don't.Anyway it plays, tune's n sound great.
NB. Right before storing it away, I soldered a loose connection, and somehow left two of the Backplate Cavity Covers in a different place? I know they are in the house somewhere, as i've seen them a few times over the years, & I will find them! But for now/they are not included/In need of new set. ..

NB. I found this fella apperantly operating from the UK sellmyjem.com Any advice on his enterprize?
Or maybe this bad boy can hatch a new owner in here..? If so. Will setup paypal & educate myself on the details in int.shipping.
High res Pictures can be found here: since it's my 1st post. why2k19.imgbb.com/

More specific pics pr request.

TX in advance & Best regards from Denmark
Y2K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2020, 03:50 AM

Hey Bud! Some great info in the FP, one of the Mods here will likely ask that you post an asking price on a sale here (one of the forum rules).

Have a lovely week!

Rex

Last edited by jono; 09-20-2020 at 04:50 AM. Reason: No vendor ads for non vendors
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2020, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Y2K

Re: FS? 1988 Jem77FP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexPearson View Post
Hey Bud! Some great info in the FP, one of the Mods here will likely ask that you post an asking price on a sale here (one of the forum rules). I help run SellMyJem and we have many hundreds of testimonials on our google/Facebook/website And have been operating for the best part of 5 years bringing Jem lovers together, do feel free to get in touch and happy to make an offer.

Have a lovely week!

Rex
Hi Rex. Tx 4 the reply. I've entered the required info on sellmyjem.com asking $2K which is fairly about the amount of dough i shelled out for it, back in the day.
Will look 2 edit my original post including asking price.
Have a nice weekend
Best regards from Denmark
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2020, 12:28 PM

Yes, please post a selling price. Also as a reminder, items listed for sale on Jemsite can not be listed for auction simultaneously elsewhere.
jono likes this.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2020, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Rex at sellmyjem is a re-seller so you'll almost certainly get a lower price for it than if you stick on Reverb or eBay yourself.

What you would get is a quick and easy sale, but with that lower price as Rex needs to resell it and make a profit over what you sell it to him for.

Look at the other examples on the net and see what it might be worth and then decide if the ease of selling to Rex is worth the difference. And be prepared to see it on the net for a few hundred over what you made a few days later

Rex has been in business for quite a long while so that should tell you something about his reliability.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2020, 01:01 PM
Vendor

As Rex is a business he has no business posting business in the classified without being a paid registered vendor for this site. But let's not let protocol stop anything.

A dead mint 88' would be worth $5000. First year Florals all demand a premium and a beat up POS would sell for $2000. If yours is better it's worth far more.
Zoot and peromucho7 like this.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2020, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Y2K

Tx 4 taking the time. PZ
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2020, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Y2K

Asking Price is 2.000,00$ FIY The Guitar is not listed 4 sale anywhere else in this moment of time.
PZ
Y2K
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-2020, 09:45 AM

Shoot me a PM with pics. I’d buy an 88 FP at that price
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2020, 04:59 PM

Reviews: 21
I’m interested for $2000. Have sent you a PM. Thanks!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-20-2020, 04:05 AM

Also PM’d. Definitely a dream guitar!

Tags
1988 jem77fp , ibanez steve vai jem , jem77fp 77fp , jem77fp ibanez

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode