FS: '88 Jem7RB (Root Beer) - Jemsite
Classified Ads: Ibanez JEM/UV Guitars Classified ads for Ibanez JEM and Universe Guitars only. List your JEM/UVs for sale and/ or trade. List items you Want to buy. This topic is heavily moderated and links to auctions are not permitted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

FS: '88 Jem7RB (Root Beer)

Hey guys,

I've got a beautiful 'mint' condition '88 Root Beer Jem (7RB) that I bought from a fellow forum member late last year - it's in a pristine, virtually unplayed state and of all the RB's I've seen has the most beautiful wood grain and colour. I actually picked up another beat up RB just before it and never really got around to this beauty. I did give it a test run when it came in - it sounds great and the neck is incredible to play, but I can't justify holding onto it if I'm not really going to be digging in (and I'm certainly not much of a collector)! In any case - I've got to sell a few things to be able to do some necessary studio upgrades, and so I figured I'd find this guitar a new pair of loving hands before I get attached.

Pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0z0wyvcfv...nwJX5bkoa?dl=0

As per the original listing, the guitar is in astounding condition and the only things to note are:

- The straplocks are not original (and are Dunlop straplocks)
- The volume and tone knobs are not original
- The original listing I saw also mentioned that there is some slight fogging in the clear coat below the trem, but I don't see this at all and it might've just been that the surface needed a wipe-down

I should also add that the guitar's got a vibe. A lot of 'untouched' or brand new guitars have a sterile quality to them but not this one - I don't know how much it's actually been played over the years but once again, as you'll see from the photos, it doesn't look like it's been played at all. If anyone's interested I can also send along the original Reverb listing the previous owner sent me - just send me a PM.

All things considered I'm asking for $2500 - let me know if you're interested!

Ps. Comes in its original hardshell case as pictured.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Re: FS: '88 Jem7RB (Root Beer)

If the link to the photos in the post above doesn't work, try this one: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0z0wyvcfv...nwJX5bkoa?dl=0
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2018, 09:23 PM

FYI, the Jem100C is the original case god this guitar, which is not the case pictured.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2018, 09:24 PM

*for this guitar
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 12:56 PM

I'm Interested.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemboyee View Post
FYI, the Jem100C is the original case god this guitar, which is not the case pictured.
Gotcha - thanks much for the info. It was sold to me with the case as above.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Sold!
Closed Thread

Tags
1988 , for sale , jem7rb , mint , root beer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode