FS: Custom Jem Swirl - Jemsite
Classified Ads: Ibanez JEM/UV Guitars Classified ads for Ibanez JEM and Universe Guitars only. List your JEM/UVs for sale and/ or trade. List items you Want to buy. This topic is heavily moderated and links to auctions are not permitted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

FS: Custom Jem Swirl

Item for sale:
Custom Swirled Jem with Pyramids

Description & Condition:
4 color ATD Swirl in blue, red, purple and black. Evos in the neck and bridge not sure about the single in the middle. Cosmo hardware, bridge is lopro with no noticable pitting or tarnish.Previous owner had the neckwork done by LGM. Jeremy can you verify that?
Vai's signature on back of headstock from his current tour.
Ships with a used uv1000c case, trem bar and a cool looking planet waves salamander strap in matching blue, red and black colors.

Know issues:
1)Input jack has sometimes been intermittent, probably needs to be replaced.
2)Trem backplate is missing a couple screws and needs to be shaved a bit as it doesn't quite fit anymore after the swirl job.
3)Very thin white line running down the body edge of the neck pocket. I'm assuming this is the white base coat that wasn't completely covered during the swirl.
4)Circular crack in the clear next to the input jack cavity. A tad smaller than a dime in diameter. Previous owner indicated that it got banged against a door frame.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...front-full.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...ront-close.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22.../back-full.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...back-close.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22.../bass-side.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...reble-side.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...lear-crack.jpg

Asking Price: $1275 shipped in the lower 48 states
Would also consider trading for any of the following:
Jem7V WH, SBL, DY, or BK
Jem HAM90

My Location: Stoneville, NC

Terms of Sale/Purchase: paypal/us postal money order

Other Information:
the pictures show the colors in a most vivid way. It isn't anywhere near this bright and vivid when it's hanging on the wall. Not trying to down the guitar at all but just trying to be honest and not misrepresent things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 06:21 PM

Re: FS: Custom Jem Swirl

Was the body and neck original Jem?

If you would consider international shipping... send me the beef on

[email protected]
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezNorthwest
Was the body and neck original Jem?

If you would consider international shipping... send me the beef on

[email protected]
To the best of my knowledge it's all an original Jem donor. Basswood I believe based on the way the evo's sound. Haven't taken it apart to confirm that though. I'm certain Jeremy did the neck, it's got his quality written all over it.
For seriously interested parties, I can take it apart and verify what it originally was.

I'm open to international shipping. I'd ask $1245 for the sale plus whatever the agreed on shipping ended up costing. Paypal for international would be the preferred payment option although Western Union wire would work just as good I guess.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 07:01 PM

I'll Have a think and let you know!!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 01:12 AM

I want it. I just sent you an email.
mike
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 06:52 AM Thread Starter

On hold pending payment
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 11:59 AM

I did do the neck work on it, it was a JEM777DY neck originally, the fretboard was filthy so it was replaced with new maple and the new inlay done. Headstock refinished. I believe the JEM777 stamp on the neck heal got sanded off as my customer wanted the neck shaved down to more of a wizard feel. I believe I sanded the entire neck to make it all look new, can't remember for sure though. Very nice neck though for sure. The guitar looks great though, I'd take it if I had the cash :P

PS, can I steal your pictures to put on the website of the inlay? I don't have any for some reason.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlegreenman
I did do the neck work on it, it was a JEM777DY neck originally, the fretboard was filthy so it was replaced with new maple and the new inlay done. Headstock refinished. I believe the JEM777 stamp on the neck heal got sanded off as my customer wanted the neck shaved down to more of a wizard feel. I believe I sanded the entire neck to make it all look new, can't remember for sure though. Very nice neck though for sure. The guitar looks great though, I'd take it if I had the cash :P

PS, can I steal your pictures to put on the website of the inlay? I don't have any for some reason.
Please feel free to use the pics. Have the camera res versions if you need them

Lee
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Sold, lock er up
Closed Thread

Tags
atd swirl , cosmo hardware , custom swirl , planet waves , swirled jem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode