FS: Japanese Ibanez JEM Steve Vai Signature $500 - Jemsite
Classified Ads: Ibanez JEM/UV Guitars Classified ads for Ibanez JEM and Universe Guitars only. List your JEM/UVs for sale and/ or trade. List items you Want to buy. This topic is heavily moderated and links to auctions are not permitted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation FS: Japanese Ibanez JEM Steve Vai Signature $500

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: Ibanez JEM7DBK, modified.
Modifications (if any): new pickguard, seymour duncan blackouts (can be sold without if you don't like actives), neck break repair, non-professional scallop job, sanded neck
Accessories (hardshell case etc): None
Location (City,State or City,Country): Rockford, Illinois
International OK? : Nah
Contact Info (No Phone #s) PM is ideal
References (eBay or other forum userid):iTrader here and 9 more on sevenstring.org
Price (include currency and if firm/obo): $500 + shipping obo
Pictures: https://goo.gl/photos/7TtkDYZr89sbjWbRA for all photos.

Its going to be hard to cover everything thats been done to this poor thing. Be sure to look at all the photos and ask for more if you want to see more.

So, as you can see its been right old ....in' mullared. Its been scalloped fairly crudely. This has removed a good portion of the screw head inlays, but I can now confirm that the inlays were metal with plastic caps. The neck apparently broke at some point, presumably violently, and was reglued, gluing the truss rod cover to the neck, naturally. The truss rod nut is free and appears to be in perfect working order as far as I can tell. The neck appears to have been sanded a bit as well, presumably as part of the repair.

The original pickguard was proper wrecked, so I put on this smoke mirror that doesn't fit perfectly and the trem hits it a little at the corner, if you unblocked the trem you'd probably need to sand it a tiny bit or replace it with a a proper fitting one. On the original pickguard, the tone knob got knocked in, so the previous owner did the rational thing and put duct tape over it and spray painted the duct tape black to match, so there is a black mark on the body (blends in well with the DBK finish) in the outline of duct tape like you find on most used guitars.

Moving on to the body, its got its fair share of dings, but it also has a handle. Also, I'm not sure what the end goal was, but there was a tiny bit of wood removed from the trem route in the back on one side. There is also a bonus hole drilled in the jack cover on the rear of the guitar where the jack was mounted before I put in a proper one.

That all being said, Its still a Fujigen made Japanese JEM! I've been able to get it playing decently with minimal buzz, the blackouts roar like you expect actives to and the lo-pro edge and gotoh hardware live up to the hype. If you're looking for a gift for the ultimate JEM or steve vai fan, there is no way better to disappoint them than this guitar. If you have any questions or offers, shoot me a PM!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Re: FS: Japanese Ibanez JEM Steve Vai Signature $500

Buyer fell through I guess, bump.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode