540s 3 switch pup wiring diagram - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

540s 3 switch pup wiring diagram

This is for anyone who comes along looking for the drawing to the 1988 540s Roarstar Pro Saber. I just replaced my middle pup and took the time to draw the configuration out for any knuckleheads who need it. God knows nobody else has it.
Heres the 2 mini switches for the single coils (on/off), along with the third which, is a on/off/coil tap for the Humbucker.
You can see why they changed to the 5 way slider selector. Cut down on time and money to wire this up. Those clever Japanese.........

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-01-2020, 12:15 PM

Re: 540s 3 switch pup wiring diagram

NECRO BAMP. Might you have this image in a bigger format or does anyone have a proper one from Ibanez?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-01-2020, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

No sorry this is what I drew to replace the original pickups with 5 wire dimarzio pickups.
It is correct but not for the original pickups that were in the guitar. those pickups had only 3 wires I think. They were IBZUSA pickups made by dimarzio as well for Ibanez
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-01-2020, 11:01 PM

yes, sir. thank you for this though my stock IBZUSA bridge (which had all colors) was faulty. i wired in a FRED and its rippin and sounding perfecto. thanks a LOT for making this hand drawn dia. it really helped me!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode