7 string single coil pup? - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2004, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

7 string single coil pup?

Anyone knows if they have the 7 string single coil for sale ? anywhere?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2004, 06:22 PM

Dimarzio supply the Blaze middle single coil, which for some reason is listed under 7 string humbuckers on their web site. Any Dimarzio retailer should be able to order you one.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2004, 06:40 PM

There are also production 7-string singles available from Rio Grande (right in your back yard, zeamc) and Kent Armstrong and Warmoth.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2004, 06:42 PM

i have the one warmouth made (for tom anderson) and it's good.
don't get the blaze. it's not even good enough to be a paperweight (although it does SOUND like one)

~K
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2004, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

Only Blaze ? that Dimarzio s making ?
Have you got any sound clips that played by any 7 st single coil ? (mainly neck position)... no matter what brand though, I just want to check it out.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2004, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennydoe
don't get the blaze. it's not even good enough to be a paperweight (although it does SOUND like one)

~K
? blaze sounds great for me, tho i have the bridge one, not the single... oh well, everyones entitled to their opinions
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2004, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian
Quote:

~K
? blaze sounds great for me, tho i have the bridge one, not the single... oh well, everyones entitled to their opinions
Well, we're talking about singles, not humbuckers.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2004, 10:59 PM

thanks captain obvious
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2004, 11:10 PM

Well, i just thought i'd point it out since you're the one who missed the subject when you posted your original comment.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian
thanks captain obvious
jeez..what a di.....ANYWAY.

The thread's title is "7 string single coil".

The Blaze humbuckers sound okay until you put them up against an Evo7 or PAF7 or pretty much any of the other Dimarzio p'ups. Then they lack any sort of body in their tone.

That being said, when i pulled the Blaze single out of my UV, i couldn't believe what chintzy POS it was. It was basically the size and weight of a wooden clothes pin. You can do much better.

~K
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 03:05 AM

Each to his own, but the Blaze single is one of my favorite dimarzio singles (overdriven sound, not for clean)
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 10:13 AM

Quote:

The Blaze humbuckers sound okay until you put them up against an Evo7 or PAF7 or pretty much any of the other Dimarzio p'ups. Then they lack any sort of body in their tone.

~K
I think that depends on body wood. The Blaze Bridge, which I've heard many say lacks body, usually have it in basswood. I have it in mahogany, and it sounds GREAT. The "lack of body" gets filled out bythe wood, and actually makes the darker, middy mahogany sound crisp and clear, with a nice focused midrange and great punch.

Tags
blaze bridge , neck position

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode