7 string sustainer - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2005, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy 7 string sustainer

Hello everyone.

I'm getting really frustrated here. I have a fernandes Revolver Pro 7, which has 7 strings and a Fernandes sustainer.

Now I'm planning on having a new guitar custom built and i want it to be a 7 string guitar with a sustainer. I don't want to take the sustainer out of my fernandes though. I want two 7 string sustainer guitars.

Fernandes doesn't sell 7 string sustainers anymore and neither does sustainiac.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where i can get a 7 string sustainer? I'd even be very pleased with a guide on how to make one since my guitar technician is trying to build a sustainer for me (without succes though)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-28-2005, 05:32 PM

Re: 7 string sustainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by r00key
Does anyone have any suggestions on where i can get a 7 string sustainer? I'd even be very pleased with a guide on how to make one since my guitar technician is trying to build a sustainer for me (without succes though)
Making sustainers is tricky. Check the Project Guitar forums for somebodies attempts (be prepared for a 73 page thread that makes your head hurt!)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 03:27 AM

Good news! Maniac Music (The makers of the Sustainiac) is currently in the process of tooling up to make/come out with a 7-string sustainer. According to MM head honcho, Alan Hoover (Whom I spoke with on the phone a lil' while back), they're planning on hopefully introducing it at the January, 2009 NAMM show. Basically, he got tired of people asking him about it, so's he decided to do something about the problem & there ya go! Anyway, hope this helps! Goodnight, and laters! Cya!
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberman View Post
Good news! Maniac Music (The makers of the Sustainiac) is currently in the process of tooling up to make/come out with a 7-string sustainer. According to MM head honcho, Alan Hoover (Whom I spoke with on the phone a lil' while back), they're planning on hopefully introducing it at the January, 2009 NAMM show. Basically, he got tired of people asking him about it, so's he decided to do something about the problem & there ya go! Anyway, hope this helps! Goodnight, and laters! Cya!
And only about 3 and a half years late for this guy!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 09:13 AM

YEEEEE OUCH! BURRNNNNNNNN
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 09:27 AM

Hehehe!

Tags
fernandes sustainer , guitar tech , string sustainer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode