Andy Timmons AT100 wiring - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By sepulchrave

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

Andy Timmons AT100 wiring

Hi-does anybody have a wiring diagram including pot values and treble bleed circuit details for the above guitar?

I want to wire a strat in same format

Cheers in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 06:28 PM
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 04:11 AM

Re: Andy Timmons AT100 wiring

There's no specs for at100's treble bleed.... Anyone!!!
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flextone2 View Post
There's no specs for at100's treble bleed.... Anyone!!!
That's because the AT100 did not have a treble bleed as standard, it's something that was installed by AT's guitar tech, it's simply a small plate ceramic capacitor of around 330pF installed between the output of the volume control and ground. You may not even need one since it's more particular to the gear that you're using rather than the style you play.

This is starting to sound like a "HELP! I don't sound like Andy Timmons" thread, relax, no-one else sounds like him either, it's not a gear thing, it's an AT thing.
peromucho7 likes this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepulchrave View Post
That's because the AT100 did not have a treble bleed as standard, it's something that was installed by AT's guitar tech, it's simply a small plate ceramic capacitor of around 330pF installed between the output of the volume control and ground. You may not even need one since it's more particular to the gear that you're using rather than the style you play.

This is starting to sound like a "HELP! I don't sound like Andy Timmons" thread, relax, no-one else sounds like him either, it's not a gear thing, it's an AT thing.
Blaah. I know there isn't TB in AT100. But I don't try to copy his gear or skills... For me this is an interesting trivia-fact about AT:s guitar. There's also couple of different ways to do TB, so because You seem to know things, are you sure that there's only one cap in his guitar? :-)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 01:19 PM

Treble bleed mod and info...

Rothstein Guitars € Serious Tone for the Serious Player
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 01:51 PM

That's a good explanation of a slightly better circuit, but you'll still have to muck about with component values.
I have no idea what's hiding in AT's guitar but I suspect three capacitors, one for each pot since he has two volumes and a tone control. Also he uses three humbuckers so pots need to be 500k, I guess it also depends how long your lead is, it's a rabbit hole down there and you may never get out of it again.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepulchrave View Post
That's a good explanation of a slightly better circuit, but you'll still have to muck about with component values.
I have no idea what's hiding in AT's guitar but I suspect three capacitors, one for each pot since he has two volumes and a tone control. Also he uses three humbuckers so pots need to be 500k, I guess it also depends how long your lead is, it's a rabbit hole down there and you may never get out of it again.
not true on the 500k thing. having 250k pots allows for some more of your higher end to move to through the pot to the ground due to its lower resistance between the legs of the pot.

if you have bright pickups like single coils or evolutions you can use a 250k to tame the high end. Brightness is often associated with a lower DC resistance because there is less attenuation due to less winding around the pickups. This allows for more high end frequencies in the pickup and make it to your controls.

250k pots also give you that sort of springy mid range which can also be desirable when looking for a strat like sound. It wouldn't surprise me if the tone pot is 250k and the two volumes are 500k.

the treble bleed mod is useful and i do recommend it. you can look at the js1000 wiring for a using a push/pull pot to engage it or the other diagram to have it static in the circuit. You can play around with the value of the pot to get the right feel. I usually use a smaller value pot than 330 pf .

Tags
andy timmons , at10 , at100

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode