Another pickup wiring resource thread! - Page 7 - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 10:54 PM

Lightbulb Re: Another pickup wiring resource thread!

I have made this mod on my RG500LTD with Dimarzio EVO
It is the same diagram as the EGEN18 10 position switch

I used the Seymour Duncan Super-Switch

Now I plan to do it on a S5470Q but there is not enough room for that switch, so I will use the Ibanez VLX-91.

I have prepared this diagram to avoid making mistakes with the orientation of the VLX91. Both pictures are faced from the front side:

Last edited by pingfloid; 09-20-2015 at 11:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 93 (permalink) Old 04-17-2016, 09:33 PM

Re: Another pickup wiring resource thread!

Hello,
I found the site and would love to learn how to swap out a prewired pick-guard on a fender squire. I am also interested in removing the third single coil pick up and replacing it with a "Hot Rail Humbucker". My dilemma is, wire colors. I have three wires on the prewired pick guard, two white, and one yellow. My humbucker has a total of five wires coming from it. Two Black wires that are fused together, a red & white wire fused together, and a single yellow wire. Can anyone lend a hand on this project?

Thanks in Advance
Joe
post #93 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-03-2016, 03:01 PM

Have I got a complex wiring challenge for you! Piezo ahead!

Hi everyone,

While I have created an account especially for the questions I am about to ask, I must say that as a 20 year long Ibanez enthusiast, I'm excited to finally be part of this great community.

On to the guitar
Ok, so there was this S520X with a double edge bridge I got off an online trading hub in the Netherlands, much like E-Bay.

But there's a problem
The high E doesn't output through the piezo pickup, while all the other strings do. I've called many techs in the Netherlands, but none have worked with piezos on solid body guitars. They aren't familiar with L.R. Baggs' control-x or the piezo crystals in this double edge bridge. Do you think this particular crystal might be broken? Or is there something else (electronic) going on?

EMGs, make room
The axe I got had EMGs put in its mahogany body... Those had to go.
As I am an avid Opeth fan and my favourite album is their Deliverance, I want to put in two Seymour Duncan SH10's (Full Shred).

Now there are two I encounter.
  1. This guitar doesn't have a 3-way switch to blend the piezo/mag signal in its middle position. There's a 2-way selector instead.
  2. Ideally, I want to put in a blend pot to mix the signals of the two, but I have no idea what its resistance should be, nor how to wire this up to the control-x.

Substituting the V1/V2 for the Full Shred combo isn't that hard for me, but in the original schematic which I can't attach here, take a look at the switch where it says 'output mode'. I want to swap out this thing for the blend pot I told you about earlier.

If you could help me with this, I'll post some high res pics of this beast once its finished!

Thanks a lot, guys!

Tags
diagrams , pickups , soldering , wiring

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode