Anybody tried a Breed bridge in the neck? - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 05:03 AM Thread Starter

Anybody tried a Breed bridge in the neck?

That's the guitar's neck, not yours, mind you

I was wondering if anybody had an idea of what it would sound like in an RG770. I've got one BB lying around and I'd like some input before I try. I'm very happy with my PAF Pro in the neck, but of course GAS settled in

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 05:19 AM

Re: Anybody tried a Breed bridge in the neck?

Well, considering that Dimarzio said the IBZUSA F1 was like a Breed bridge, and that's in the neck of my S540, I'd say it would be muddy.. Geez, I need to change that pickup.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 11:05 AM

I don't think the F1's are good pickups in the neck or the bridge. Hopefully the Breed bridge is a better, more quality sound than the F1. The F1 just sounds distant and lifeless. It sounds cheap to me. So I guess what I'm saying is that I doubt the Breed sounds "exactly" like the F1 because I've heard a Breed neck and I thought it was fantastic. It might be worth a try.

My main concern would be the high output and large number of winds. The Breed bridge would be the loudest neck pickup of all Dimarzio's other recommended neck pickups. That does usually make for a muddy neck pickup. Although I've tried original IBZUSA pickups in the neck and like them very much. Dimarzio doesn't follow the normal rules when it comes to winds vs. output vs. tonal properties. The worst thing that could happen is that you take it out, right?
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankfalbo
I don't think the F1's are good pickups in the neck or the bridge. Hopefully the Breed bridge is a better, more quality sound than the F1. The F1 just sounds distant and lifeless. It sounds cheap to me. So I guess what I'm saying is that I doubt the Breed sounds "exactly" like the F1 because I've heard a Breed neck and I thought it was fantastic. It might be worth a try.

My main concern would be the high output and large number of winds. The Breed bridge would be the loudest neck pickup of all Dimarzio's other recommended neck pickups. That does usually make for a muddy neck pickup. Although I've tried original IBZUSA pickups in the neck and like them very much. Dimarzio doesn't follow the normal rules when it comes to winds vs. output vs. tonal properties. The worst thing that could happen is that you take it out, right?
Oh, I love the Breed neck model, best neck pickup they make, IMO. The Breed Bridge sounds about as fat as the neck model in the Bridge position, I don't wanna imagine what it would be like in the neck slot.

You're propably right that it won't be as life-less as the F1, but I'm thinking it might be as muddy.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 07:50 PM

Toshiro,

What is the best bridge pickup they make in your opinion?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 08:28 PM

I dunno, I like a bunch of em The Super 3 is cool in some guitars, Evoultion in others, Breed in others. Really depends on the guitar/amp/style. I mean, if you've got a thick guitar and a thick amp, the Breed or Super 3 might not be the best idea.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

OK, thanks folks. Yep, I expect it to be a bit muddy. Well, as you well say, the worst thing that can happen is I'll have to change it

Loudness shouldn't be a problem, cos I've got an X2N in the bridge (killer PU)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2005, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankfalbo

Frank, I was always under the impression that the F1 WAS a renamed original IBZUSA. IIRC, the DC resistance measured the same (though Irealize that's only one aspect). Was I wrong? Or are you referring to a different pickup?

Tags
breed bridge , breed neck model , bridge pickup , bridge position , neck pickup , neck pickups , paf pro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode