Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Beginner wiring help.... SOS

745 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  lespauled 
#1 ·
Hey guys

Always wanted to delve into guitar mods and learning about the electronic configuration and wiring. So I bought a cheap RG350DX and pumped a fair bit of money into new parts and electronics. These parts haven't all arrived yet so I haven't started into yet.

I knew it was going to be hard to get to grips with initially, but the more I read online and in these forums, the more confused and unsure I become.

I know it's a long shot..... but would anyone be willing to answer some of my beginner questions via private messaging/email, that I'm sure some people take for granted and maybe give a basic walkthrough of what is going on in wiring diagrams? I learn much better by asking questions, rather than reading through copious web pages and other people's threads.

I really want to learn and get it right and I've set out an ambitious target for the configuration I want to achieve and hopefully, someone will be kind enough to talk me through some of it. Many of the modifications I would like to make have no set reason, other than that I would like to learn as much as possible through this first mod.

See less See more
#2 ·
One thing that could really help you is to download a schematic of the wiring you want. Several sites have their wiring schematics, like seymourduncan.com, etc.

Once you get the schematic, use a graphics program, and make a few copies of the schematic.

Then, using your graphics program, remove all wiring, other than one color, for example red. The only wires that show are the red wires. Take everything else out.

Do it for each wire color. It simplifies things a lot, and will help you, especially at the beginning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.