Blackouts 8 - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 12:55 AM Thread Starter

Blackouts 8

So I recently decided to take the dive into an 8 string guitar with an Ibanez RG8. I went with the cheaper one with the intention of modding the crap out of it but I need some advice. I picked up a set of Seymour Duncan Blackout 8's for it but I want to try and paint them white. Can this be done without it having a tremendous impact on the magnetic field? I've really never dealt with actives other than the EMG's that were already in a Jeff Loomis 7 that I had a while back. Loved the sound of those but times got a little rough, I lost my job, and the rest is an all too familiar song these days.

Also, since the Blackouts use the same connectors as EMG's, could I get away with using an EMG wiring kit that I have around here from when I replaced my friends Zakk Wyldes with the Hetfield set? Seems like the easiest route to take in order to avoid burning the crap out of my fingers with a soldering iron.

Thanks for any help/advice in advance folks.
Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 01:27 AM

Re: Blackouts 8

Hey! You won't interfere with the magnetic field (unless you use lead-based paint, I guess!), and you can use the EMG connectors.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode