Blaze DP700 vs DP702 vs DP703 need info! - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

Blaze DP700 vs DP702 vs DP703 need info!

Hey everyone new here but not new to guitars and playing.

I just purchased a RG2027X and want to replace the pickups.
I have a UV777PBK and really love those pickups. So I am thinking of getting the same DP700 and DP702 pickups but am also interested in the DP703 (custom). I love the smooth characteristics of the UV Blaze pickups and would like to get that or a smoother sound. Not sure if the custom will give me that or should I just go with the DP700 and DP702?

Any advice is much appreciated.

~Scott

p.s. I did some searching but having found the answer I am looking for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 02:59 AM

Re: Blaze DP700 vs DP702 vs DP703 need info!

I have the standard Blaze Bridge model in my RG2027 and I love it. The Blaze Custom sounds like a great pickup, but I'd be a little concerned myself with its treble rolloff and mid boost. Mahogany is already mid-rangey. I had the TZ7 (as an example of a mid-rangey bridge pickup) in my 2027, and while it's a nice pickup, I don't feel it suited the 2027 perfectly. When I put the Blaze Bridge in, viola! That was what I was looking for. Smooth, great treble; solid bass; and even, balanced character with good articulation. I think the Blaze Custom would probably be better in a basswood/ash/alder 7 myself.

As an aside, I have the AN7 in the neck of my 2027, and couldn't be happier. It sounds phenominal. Smooth, dark cleans; punchy, funky rhythms; and singing, rich leads. It's an amazing pickup, and compliments the 2027 extremely well.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Wolf
I have the standard Blaze Bridge model in my RG2027 and I love it. The Blaze Custom sounds like a great pickup, but I'd be a little concerned myself with its treble rolloff and mid boost. Mahogany is already mid-rangey. I had the TZ7 (as an example of a mid-rangey bridge pickup) in my 2027, and while it's a nice pickup, I don't feel it suited the 2027 perfectly. When I put the Blaze Bridge in, viola! That was what I was looking for. Smooth, great treble; solid bass; and even, balanced character with good articulation. I think the Blaze Custom would probably be better in a basswood/ash/alder 7 myself.

As an aside, I have the AN7 in the neck of my 2027, and couldn't be happier. It sounds phenominal. Smooth, dark cleans; punchy, funky rhythms; and singing, rich leads. It's an amazing pickup, and compliments the 2027 extremely well.
Thanks Dark Wolf, .... I really love the Blaze Bridge in my UV and you convinced me to get the same for the 2027. I really like the way you described the AN7 I think I will get that instead of the Blaze Bridge. Thanks for the info.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 11:47 AM

I recently went on the limb for the Blaze custom. I've been using old school Blaze's with the brass mounting plate thing. I now have the Tone zone 7 in the bridge and Air norton 7 in the neck one 1527 and I am totally in love with that sound. As I mentioned I went out on the limb and bought a Blaze for the neck and a Blaze custom for the bridge on my other 1527. Wow,,, the Blaze custom rocks. To me it's everything the old school blaze were with a warmer presence and a harder bottom end thump. Very well balanced and did I mention warm? I was concerned with having 2 different set ups on 2 different yet same guitars. But the 2 work very well together. The tonezone guitar is deeper and more harmonically rich, but the blaze custom guitar has a youthfull spring to it. I'm sold the Blaze custom for bridge, TZ7 and AN7 are still my favorite though.

~A

Tags
air norton , blaze bridge , blaze pickups , bridge pickup , custom guitar , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode