Breed question - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-20-2005, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Question Breed question

Hey guys.. How much different is the Breed from the Tone Zone? I mean is there a huge difference? Is it similiar in output? Does it have the same harmonics and crunch as the Tone Zone?

Thanks
Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-20-2005, 09:32 PM

Re: Breed question

If your talking 6 string and Basswood body, body mounted? I've heard both and have found the TZ to be warmer, with better harmonics. I love the percussive quality when palm muting heavy chords. TZ's are slowing nudging the Evo's from my top spot in 6 string pickups.

~A
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-20-2005, 10:11 PM

Tone Zone = more bass, little hotter

Breed = Less bass, more middy, little less output, tighter
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2005, 12:18 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys.. I've decided on the Tone Zone.. As I said in another topic on here, that pickup rocked in an ibanez 470 I had with a trem that was blocked because it was the Low TRS2 variety.. but otherwise it's the same guitar as my 550, only the 550 seems to be better quality overall too.. and my current 550 has even a brighter sound due to the neck / fretboard being maple too! I love it though.. God I didn't realize how good Maple felt.. I'd only played maple on older fenders which had terrible frets, setup, etc.. and didn't like it.. Plus the old fenders usually had an inch of topical finish.. Anyway, it's the Tone Zone for sure, and then the Humbucker from hell as the neck pup.. I'm doing away totally with the mid single coil I think because it's too many pickups for me.. Too many options which confuses someone as simple minded as me..hehe..
Thanks guys..
Tim
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2005, 02:33 AM

Good idea about doing away with the single coil if you're going for simplicity....but I'd still wire it up on the 5 way switch like a standard RG with an H-H config all the same.

Tags
basswood body , low trs , neck pup , palm muting , string pickup , string pickups , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode