Breed vs Super 3 vs PAF Pro For Bridge In Alder - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Breed vs Super 3 vs PAF Pro For Bridge In Alder

I currently have a Tone Zone in the bridge of my alder Floyd guitar. Bass is not tight enough and there seems to be some "fake artifacts" of distortion in the background. Tough to describe. Sorry. Was thinking about a Super 3 but then i heard Breed was similar. Or maybe a PAF Pro but then i hear that's too bright! And what neck humbucker to pair this with? I play hair metal in a cover band and instrumental shred stuff at home in standard tuning. Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 11:05 AM

Re: Breed vs Super 3 vs PAF Pro For Bridge In Alder

Hair Metal: Paf-Pros
Shred: Breeds

Both will do both jobs pretty good, though.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 06:57 PM

Reviews: 120

For starters adjust your tone Zone. Lower the pickup a bit, then increase the height of the bass side pole-pieces a bit. Lowering the pickup will reduce the low end, and raising the pole-pieces will tighten up and narrow the low end response. Balance the treble side by adjusting the height until the volume is even across strings.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 11:43 PM

the breed is my personal fav.

I have tried the super 3 and didn't care for it. It is super tight on the bass but still is a darker sounding pickup. It is smoother, and the highs are rounded out.

The paf pro, is ok. It is a little under powered IMO, great for classic rock and I like it in the neck position.

The breed is big, full and smooth with outstanding harmonics. It is really hard to get a shrill sound out of them. They do retain all their clarity which to me is almost witchcraft..lol.

I had a tone zone for awhile. It is sort of a 1 trick pony to me. It has unique sound that can be hard to work around imo.

Tags
breed , hair metal , paf pro , shred , super 3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode