Bridge pickup for S470 - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-06-2005, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Bridge pickup for S470

I'm trying to make up my mind between an Evo and a ToneZone.
Currently I have a Super Distortion in the bridge and an Air Norton in the neck. The Air Norton is perfect. The Super Dist is good but I really want a pickup that cleans up a little better but still has a strong output.
I'm going to put the Super Dist in my Strat as soon as I decide on a replacement.
I usually use Duncan pickups but I want to use Dimarzio on this guitar.
I'd like to hear from anyone who has an Evo or TZ in a mahogany bodied S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-10-2005, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

Re: Bridge pickup for S470

Oh well. I ended up getting none of the above. I switched the Super Distortion with a Breed and it is exactly the sound I was looking for. I put the Super Dist in the bridge position of my Strat and I like it there.
All in all, a very productive evening.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-10-2005, 01:19 PM

Re: Bridge pickup for S470

I've had your original post in my mind the last few days since I knew I was going to be putting a Tone Zone into the bridge of my new S470, and would come here and let you know what it sounded like. Guess I took to long hehe.

As far as the TZ in the mahogany body of the S470 it's Thick, very fat sounding, especially compared to the stock pickups. I have a Humbucker from Hell in the neck and it sounds equally sweet and cleans up very nicely with the volume rolled off, and almost acoustic when I split it with the middle single coil.

Tags
air norton , bridge position , duncan pickups , mahogany body , super distortion , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode