Correct position to mount a dimarzio Evo - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Rab

Correct position to mount a dimarzio Evo

Well Seymour Duncan pickups got their name written on the face of the pickup so its impossible to mount it backward.
But how do you guide yourself to correctly facing a dimarzio evo pickup into a prestige 1570?
Where the holl of the pickup wires comes out, should be close to the pickup cavity boddy holl?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 01:00 AM

Re: Correct position to mount a dimarzio Evo

Look what side the wire comes out of the pickup

http://www.dimarzio.com/faq#55/62/283
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 05:56 AM

Only some Dimarzios matter what way they go in, EVOs don't matter.
A good rule of thumb with Dimarzios is bridge, wire down towards the knobs and neck, up away from the knobs. If the polls look the same, they are in 99% of the cases. Sometimes you will see screws and lugs or screws and allens. These matter what way they go in the body.
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
Rab

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragsternj View Post
Look what side the wire comes out of the pickup

http://www.dimarzio.com/faq#55/62/283
Thanks for the info...Looks like i missed it on the dimarzio website..
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
Rab

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian View Post
A good rule of thumb with Dimarzios is bridge, wire down towards the knobs and neck, up away from the knobs. If the polls look the same, they are in 99% of the cases. Sometimes you will see screws and lugs or screws and allens. These matter what way they go in the body.
I go the the exit holl of the pickup mounted toward the knobs and the bridge...If i flip it the pickup wire going to cross underneath the pickup all the way to the entry holl..

here is some pics:

Last edited by Rab; 03-18-2014 at 10:18 PM.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-18-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian View Post
Evos do have dual resonance patent, and they sound a lot different when flipped around.

Even pickups with symmetrical coils such as the Liquifire and Breed sound different when you install them reversed, because both coils can't be 100% identical.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-18-2012, 11:35 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tearsx View Post
Evos do have dual resonance patent, and they sound a lot different when flipped around.
Good catch! It's good to see someone who knows what they are talking about got to this thread

Remember folks, when responding to "factual" questions, please check your facts!!!
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
Good catch! It's good to see someone who knows what they are talking about got to this thread

Remember folks, when responding to "factual" questions, please check your facts!!!

LOL YES YOU SHOULD Jono, the information was provided for you above in the second post, and the facts were givin in the third post, WOW.

But I suppose Dimarizo has no clue what there talking about on there pups.

This is copied a pasted from the dimarizo link posted above,

(Some humbuckers have just a slightly different sound if you flip them to the opposite direction. There is no right or wrong orientation, but it’s a matter of preference for such a subtle difference, if you can hear the difference at all. Models that sound slightly brighter with the cable exit toward the bridge include:
Blaze™ Neck
D Activator™ Bridge
D Activator™ Neck
Evo 2™
Evolution® 7
Evolution® Bridge
Evolution® Neck
FRED®
Mo' Joe™
Virtual P-90™)

and I have a few sets of EVO's, and have them flipped on this, and they sound slightly brighter!

Last edited by Jamm'n Jimmy; 02-20-2012 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Mistakenly mis-spelled Jono's name.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 05:46 AM

Always check for your self people, never ever believe someone on the internet......

Last edited by Jamm'n Jimmy; 02-19-2012 at 05:59 AM.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab View Post
Well Seymour Duncan pickups got their name written on the face of the pickup so its impossible to mount it backward.
But how do you guide yourself to correctly facing a dimarzio evo pickup into a prestige 1570?
Where the holl of the pickup wires comes out, should be close to the pickup cavity boddy holl?

Thanks
Evos sound like Evos (this may sound redundant but continue reading) when the bridge pickup is installed north up and the neck pickup is north down, while if you flip both around, you'll get extremely solo-oriented tones that are not as viable for rhythm/crunch/metal IMO and a big part of the typical Evo sound will be gone.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamm'n Jimmy View Post
LOL YES YOU SHOULD Juno, the information was provided for you above in the second post, and the facts were givin in the third post, WOW.

But I suppose Dimarizo has no clue what there talking about on there pups.

This is copied a pasted from the dimarizo link posted above,

(Some humbuckers have just a slightly different sound if you flip them to the opposite direction. There is no right or wrong orientation, but it’s a matter of preference for such a subtle difference, if you can hear the difference at all. Models that sound slightly brighter with the cable exit toward the bridge include:
Blaze™ Neck
D Activator™ Bridge
D Activator™ Neck
Evo 2™
Evolution® 7
Evolution® Bridge
Evolution® Neck
FRED®
Mo' Joe™
Virtual P-90™)

and I have a few sets of EVO's, and have them flipped on this, and they sound slightly brighter!
Firstly, the name's Jono - check that fact, miss jamm'n jenny

And yes you're right, the correct link was given but without quoting the info in question, another member subsequently posted that the orientation didn't matter with Evo's, which as you've correctly stated is not the case. I didn't want this to cause confusion.

All I'm asking is that if folks aren't 100% sure of the info they're posting up, then they shouldn't post it up till they've checked
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 12:30 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
All I'm asking is that if folks aren't 100% sure of the info they're posting up, then they shouldn't post it up till they've checked

If only..........
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Firstly, the name's Jono - check that fact, miss jamm'n jenny

And yes you're right, the correct link was given but without quoting the info in question, another member subsequently posted that the orientation didn't matter with Evo's, which as you've correctly stated is not the case. I didn't want this to cause confusion.

LOL, Wow name calling really?
It was a miss spelling at my end, for that I'm sorry I was not poking fun at your name, it honestly was a mistake, I will go and edit that now, again sorry.

And after the dimarzo web link your still gonna say your right ?
Again DIRECTLY FROM THE DIZARMO WEB SITE!:

Some humbuckers have just a slightly different sound if you flip them to the opposite direction. There is no right or wrong orientation, but it’s a matter of preference for such a subtle difference, if you can hear the difference at all. Models that sound slightly brighter with the cable exit toward the bridge include:
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

Jimmy, you really need to re-read this thread.

You're barking up the wrong tree...
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Jimmy, you really need to re-read this thread.

You're barking up the wrong tree...
Yep your correct I understand when I'm wasting my time.........

Last edited by Jamm'n Jimmy; 02-20-2012 at 07:11 PM.

Tags
mounting dimarzio

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode