Crazy for the D-activator! - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Crazy for the D-activator!

Just installed a d-activator f-spaced bridge in my RG331 following this scheme:

http://www.dimarzio.com/sites/defaul...7_DiMarzio.pdf

works perfect!

I transferred the V7 that I was testing for bridge in the neck leaving it wired as before and installed the activator as intended for the neck pickup in series-parallel-split (now the switch positions are inverted for neck-bridge)

Don't trust ibanez pickup color codes, is not red, white, black, like dimarzio except the green that is blue.
I found out that the color of wires of the inf pickups can be totally casual, every color can be anything, red was connect to back of the pot, crazy!

Now I think that the V7 sounds like poo and was influencing bad my playing, by the way D-activator don't seem very much louder than V7, I have to lower a little V7 in the neck to balance sound, maybe I was expecting too much from the declared 470mv of output and put the activator too much low?!?
Now I see is not that strong magnetic field is supposed to have the activator X or X2n!

poles line up well on 1-2-3 strings, than starts to be less aligned from 4-5 and 6 is on the outer border, dimarzio should make their f-spaced a bit larger!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
331 , d-activator , dimarzio , ibanez , pickup

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode