Damm Dimarzio - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Damm Dimarzio

Why do they have to make so many great pickups? Anyone else find they want another guitar, not so much for the guitar but to put another set of Dimarzios in it.

I have a G&L with Dimarzio stacked Singles, a Jem w/Evos, and a RG with Breed/Paf Joe combo and I want more. I want a D-Sonic/Air Norton combo for sure and several others look good too like, Tone Zone, X2N, Norton, Steve's Special.

I find myself wanting more guitars just to have more Dimarzios.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 01:53 PM

Re: Damm Dimarzio

Dimarzios are my fave pups, and i've tried a BUNCH, but I always keep coming back to the cruiser as a single coil and the Steve Special, Air Norton, and Evo 2 as humbuckers.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash View Post
Anyone else find they want another guitar, not so much for the guitar but to put another set of Dimarzios in it.

I saw the thread title & expected a very different post

& to answer your question

YES!

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 01:55 PM

I'm kinda with you on that. I've got:

Jem - Evos
RG550 - Super-3 / PAF Pro
RG520 - Steve's Special / Air Norton
RG321 - Breeds
RG7620 - X2N-7 / Blaze
Strat copy - Tone Zone

Actually, I want more guitars just to have more guitars. But if the stock pickups aren't satisfactory, there will be more DiMarzios on the way to my house, guaranteed.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 02:33 PM

i have some bc rich, warmoth, ibanez, jackson guitars carvin, fenders gibsons charvels vester and a couple others, anyways, i did a **** load of pickup and body and tons of mods, sold my 7 string carvin, solf my jacksons ALL OF THEM, solf my bc riuch, have my ibanez have a bunch of old fenders, and a couple gibsons have a couple warmoths

and went through all kinda of dimarzios, loved them, i have a tie breaker from my two favortie picksups, i bought a new warmoth i built up, and made it extreeme to the max, i got all kinda of single coil to out of phase or whateve tone i want and i can always do more to it

it has a x2n with sd duncan distortion in the neck

1 meg pot push pull and 500k with a .02 tone

i used 24 volt wires and ran each one into a shielded sleve and grounded it on all wires

man can i tell u aboiut the tone and gain

both of those pickups as nharley i love em, but im thinking since it a alder body i might want a breed in the neck soon but the d.d. is very warm, perfect if i use a single coil of each pikcup x2n and d.d like coil tap, and its really warm, i can get mega tone when im taping the thick strings BAM BAM BAM BOW BOW BAM

yeah

im going to go shred it now

post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 02:35 PM

oh yeah thats a kahler usa made fixed bridge, flat mount, no trem

its the 3300 bu the s.s. rollers make it a 3310

best ****ing bridge i have even played on EVER

its got a dark but beefy tone to it, id have to say, as good or better than string throuhg but i never throught id ever say that!!!!!
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 07:39 AM

Yeah I feel the same way, I wish I had 10 guitars so I can try all their pickups. I think I'm gonna buy a few try them and buy some more and keep trying until I find my favorite set, I'll sell the rest or something, might end up loosing a bit of money in the run but it should be fun. I have 3 guitars that all need new pickups and I want all 3 to have different sets. I want to use differents sets and try to find my sound that way, I have the Paf Joe and Mo Joe in my 2550 which I'm not sure if I'll be keeping, its to Satchy I want to come up with my own sets.

In my 550 I wanted to try the Tone Zone in the neck, read and heard some good reviews about that, not sure what to put in the bridge, maybe I'll try two Tone Zone, that would be original hehe.

In my 2550, like I said it has Paf Joe and Mo Joe, but I used them differently than Satch, I put the Paf in the bridge and Mo Joe in the neck, I like the Paf but not 100% satisfied with the Moe Joe, I'll switch them around before swapping them out. But I want to try the Air Zone and Air Norton in this guitar, always wanted to try that combo.

In my RG7321 I'm thinking X2N or D Sonic in the bridge and Air Norton in the neck, or maybe d Activators if I could find some anywhere.

Still undiceded but that's what I think I'll be trying, still no clue about the single coils in the 2550 and 550, grr.
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 09:22 AM

The Steve Morse Bridge is a great pickup as well, right between a Super 3 and a SD. I wouldn't mind grabbing a 321 and going Breed neck/Morse bridge on it. Too many things need to come first though unfortunately.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Seven View Post
Yeah I feel the same way, I wish I had 10 guitars so I can try all their pickups. I think I'm gonna buy a few try them and buy some more and keep trying until I find my favorite set, I'll sell the rest or something, might end up loosing a bit of money in the run but it should be fun. I have 3 guitars that all need new pickups and I want all 3 to have different sets. I want to use differents sets and try to find my sound that way, I have the Paf Joe and Mo Joe in my 2550 which I'm not sure if I'll be keeping, its to Satchy I want to come up with my own sets.

In my 550 I wanted to try the Tone Zone in the neck, read and heard some good reviews about that, not sure what to put in the bridge, maybe I'll try two Tone Zone, that would be original hehe.

In my 2550, like I said it has Paf Joe and Mo Joe, but I used them differently than Satch, I put the Paf in the bridge and Mo Joe in the neck, I like the Paf but not 100% satisfied with the Moe Joe, I'll switch them around before swapping them out. But I want to try the Air Zone and Air Norton in this guitar, always wanted to try that combo.

In my RG7321 I'm thinking X2N or D Sonic in the bridge and Air Norton in the neck, or maybe d Activators if I could find some anywhere.

Still undiceded but that's what I think I'll be trying, still no clue about the single coils in the 2550 and 550, grr.
\

dimarzios bezgt single coil is the isv2

you can only order it through a dealer its about 35-40 bux, u cant get it online anywhere like music enemy or whatever, just go to a dealer, its a single coil evo with hum canceling magnets

its a grerat pickups for a single

and for the x2n, it probably had everything all thier pickups got, just use a tone a volume to get the tone u like
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 12:13 PM

I thought this thread was going somewhere else. I just got a NEW EVO II in white (F-spaced ) and after installing it I realized it is DOA. I had my tech put it on a meter and it had no reading. I'm sure it isn't an issue to box it up and send it to Dimarzio or the online store I got it from. I would prefer to send it directly to Dimarzio as the online stores are a big PIA with most of my pickup purchases.

Sorry to roll off topic.

I love my EvoII's, the IBZ/Dimarzios in my Puzzle Top (Super D and PAF Pro?), PAF Pro's and I'm still getting used to the PAF Joe I just installed in my RG20th RFR but it seems like a nice change compared to my standard PAF pups I always use and the Jazz SD pups.

post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 01:05 PM

what online sotre did u get it from
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 01:11 PM

I once bought a strat just so i could put Texas Specials in it

But in keeping with the theme of this thread, i did replace the bridge Texan with a DiMarzio FastTrack 2

~K
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by losgatosrg350dx View Post
\

dimarzios bezgt single coil is the isv2
I beg to differ. I assume by "bezgt" you mean best, in which case my vote goes for the Cruiser. Absolutely INCREDIBLE pickup. Tone king andy timmons uses it
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 01:18 PM

isv2 is the middle pickup oin the jems, both in the breed setups and the evo setups if im not mistaken, but is a hard wound single coil with hum canceling

its a sick pickup

no doubt and yeah sorry for the typo
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by losgatosrg350dx View Post
what online sotre did u get it from
Mistake 123 (replace mistake with music ).

Tags
air norton , air norton combo , alder body , andy timmons , blaze neck , bridge hum , bridge humbucker , candy apple red , coil pickup , coil tap , dimarzio blue velvet , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , duncan distortion , fixed bridge , jackson guitars , meg pot , neck pickup , paf joe , paf pro , steve morse , strat tone , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode