Diagnosing a bad volume pot - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy Diagnosing a bad volume pot

I'm sure this has been done to death at some point, but even using the search function I can't find the answers I seek. I installed an Evolution set in my modded RG450; I also decided to replace the wires to the output jack as they were extremely short after my last wiring fiasco. Upon reconnecting everything I've found that I only get noise from the three pickups when I've got the selector switch in the bridge position. I've tried connecting the output jack both ways as I had a similar thing happen to me when I changed the original pickups for a V8-S1-V7 (which, coincidentally, I didn't care for very much) but to no avail. Could someone tell me if this is a symptom of a bad pot or if I should just check, doublecheck and recheck my wiring again? The next step is to open up my RG550 and copy the wiring scheme from that just to be same (aside from the pickups that is; I do know how to wire standard humbuckers and single coils). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Cool Re: Diagnosing a bad volume pot

Nevermind, started over from scratch (with a fresh pot and selector) and now everything works great! Those Evos are nice pickups, eh?

Tags
bridge position

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode