DiMarzio 7 string pickups..... - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2004, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

DiMarzio 7 string pickups.....

Has anyone used/heard any of the new Dimarzio's yet? I'm considering new pickups and Like the descriptions of the PAF 7's and Tone Zone 7's. However words are words,, has anyone here actually heard any of the new 7 string pickups? My favorites are the low out put vintage of the "Original Blaze" pickups that were on the UV's. I have a UV777GR and that things just screams with tone. The old pickups used a brass back, and the newer ones I've seen use a Phenolic or fiber glass sort of back base thing.

I'm considering putting these pickups in a Carvin 747,,,
Carvin stocks are powerfull,, but lack the color of Dimarzio,,, especially the old ones.

~A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2004, 07:47 PM

Be careful with replacing carvin pickups...they aren't the same width as dimarzios and duncans, routing may be required to make new ones fit.

I love the tone of the old UVs as well, my PWH is just massive sounding. I don't have any other 7 strings at the moment.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Gresh,,, thanks for the heads up man,,, whoa... never even considered that. That sort of stinks that they would do that. Proprietary stuff really makes me tweak......
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 12:06 PM

i thought the universe had Blaze II's that were a it different sounding than the regular dimarzio blaze.... oh and about the tone zone 7 and PAF 7.. I have the rg3120 with the 6 strings versions and i love them.. i've never tried the 7 string but i'm guessing they are great too. i plan on putting those very ones in my rg8527.. well maybe a air norton 7 in place of tthe paf.. those are pretty nice too
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2004, 01:09 PM

There is no Dimarzio Blaze pickup; for some reason, when they introduced it, they named it the Blaze II. Maybe it was the designation of the prototype or something, and the second generation was the one they brought into production... They get refered to as Blaze as a kinda shorthand around here, but there is no such thing as a simple Dimarzio Blaze.

There's also been a lot of speculation as to wether the Blaze's in the UV's are the same as the ones you order from Dimarzio aftermarket; The Ibanez ones have a brass base and black polepeices, while aftermarket has black and silver, respectively. Some people insist the tone is slightly different- myself, i've never played either.

-D
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2004, 04:35 PM

Ok, Blaze, Blaze II etc ... I have both, Neck and bridge, Old uns from a UV7pwh brass plate and the newer black baseplate version, In the same guitar they have no discernable differance, in differant 7's they sound .... Um no differant really, for what it's worth my pickups prefs for 7's are as follows

Evo7 (bridge) Blaze (s/c) Blaze (neck) i have this set-up in my UV and rg7 custom, and will use the same set-up in my next rg7 project

For 6's
Evo/breed (bridge) Blue Velvet (s/c) Air Classic/Paf Pro (neck)

Les Paul/Eggle/PRS
Evo (bridge) Air Classic (neck)

HTH

Rob

Tags
air norton , dimarzio blaze , les paul , paf pro , string pickup , string pickups , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode