Dimarzio Evolution on an Ibanez s320 5 way wiring - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 01:41 AM Thread Starter

Dimarzio Evolution on an Ibanez s320 5 way wiring

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some wiring advice. I'm trying to mount diamrzio evolution dp158 and dp159 humbuckers on an Ibanez s320 guitar http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=S320 .

Problem is, it has a 5 way switch, and the infinity coils use a different color code than dimarzio. Since i have only done standard humbucker wiring before, i am a bit confused as to how i should solder these wires.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram showing how to connect evos to a 5 way switch? If not, could anyone please explain in words what wires go where... i'm a little desperate...

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 07:02 PM

Re: Dimarzio Evolution on an Ibanez s320 5 way wiring

This may help. Assuming the old pickups had a red, a white and a shield. The DiMarzio shows which wires to solder together for standard operation(I think its black and white), attach the DiMarzio red where the original red went, attach the black/white combo where the original white went and green and shield to ground. I'm not positive on this. You could also just replace the switch with a 3-way or get one of the super-switches from stewmac.com (which should come with wiring diagrams).
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 05:06 AM Thread Starter

Thx m8. I used a wiring diagram for a rg1527 and i think i've got it all running.

For neck: green and bare were ground, and white was where the original infinity blue went. black and red went where the original infinity black and red were.
For bridge: same as above except black and white were soldered together.

Everything sounds ok and the positions seem in order. Thank god that's over with.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 08:54 AM

Edit...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 09:07 AM

once you figure out what the hot is your home free. i think its white & red.....
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 09:40 AM

Sorry I replied to the wrong thread... this thread is old.

But here is the diagram anyway....

Tags
wiring diagram

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode