DiMarzio Jake Bowen sig Titan pickups - killer! - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 120
Thumbs up DiMarzio Jake Bowen sig Titan pickups - killer!

I received some from DiMarzio a couple weeks ago, and finaly got them installed last night and took them for a spin in my alder bodied Ibanez RG style custom. They are killer pickups. Kind of like the Dominions, but with a less extreme EQ curve.

The bridge has a great fast attack which I really favour, and it's brilliantly percussive when palm muting, very heavy. It doesn't spike as hard like the Dominion bridge when playing single notes up high which may suit players who found that to be an issue with the Dominion bridge. There's some great organic woody chunk in chords too. I played in E standard and switched to drop D too, and the pickup sounded even better as notes started to go lower. I can imagine this is brilliant for the low tunings that Periphery play in.

The neck is beautiful too, nice and fluid, but not too rounded. I love it. Great for clean tones and distorted ones.

I set the guitar up with a 3 way switch with split middle position and these pickups give awesome strat tones too. Overall the Titans are super versatile. I can't wait to spend some more time with them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 06:06 PM

Reviews: 2
Re: DiMarzio Jake Bowen sig Titan pickups - killer!

Very cool man. Any chance of hearing comparo clips in the future. I was giving these a look over and kinda like their specs. I wonder how close they are to an F2?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

I haven't played an F2 for a while, but based on specs the Titan bridge has a much lower resistance, so it's not nearly as compressed. Think a more modern version of a Duncan Custom maybe. Modern PAF tones, woody and percussive, but heavy and slamming. Tighter too, like the Dominion.

I'll shoot a quick demo video hopefully shortly. Trying them out at band practice tonight, if I'm not too tired afterwards I might make a quick one when I get home.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 07:13 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Mine arrived yesterday--going to figure out which RG to yrst and review them in....

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-10-2013, 06:43 AM Thread Starter

Here's a quick YouTube demo of these pickups. Dirty demo for the bridge and a clean one for the neck.

http://youtu.be/z-YbNuAoX_k

Excuse my even rougher than usual playing, I haven't had the chance to play too much lately.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-10-2013, 05:10 PM

Thanks for the review, dude.

I wish DiMarzio made a seven string version
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-10-2013, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

There's talk of them making some seven string versions. I'm sure they'll be out soon.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

I've published my Titan bridge review.
http://www.lonephantom.com/2013/11/d...bucker-review/

I'll try and get the neck model reviewed shortly.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 11:14 PM

cool review LP.
although I tend to stick with old school dimarzio, but that review kinda give me a second thought about that.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

Yeah these are nice pickups, I think these will stay in a guitar, as they really work for the sort of stuff I like to play.

Tags
dimarzio , jake bowen , pickup , review , titan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode