Dimarzio Norton? - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2003, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

Dimarzio Norton?

I am getting a new pickup soon but am unsure on a few things. I want to get a Norton but have never really played one. THe output seems just right and the A5 would work well with my guitar, but does anyone know
what the harmonic responce is like????
what about the clarity????
What about some chunky riffery???

THANKS

p.s I play stuff like Van Halen, Randy Rhoads, Steve Vai, Vinnie Moore e.t.c.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-11-2003, 02:07 PM
rgr

The Norton and Breed are my favorite DiMarzios. I tried a TZ but it was too muddy on the low end, the Norton sounds alot like the TZ in the highs and mids but alot tighter in the low end. Great sounding pickup.

Roger[/list]
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-20-2003, 05:46 AM

I agree totally. THe norton is a great bridge pup. I put one in my 2020x's bridge and am ver pleased.IT ahs all the nice highs, solid mids , yet the low end is clear and pretty tight.TOne zones are too bassy for me and the bass is round whereas I prefer the tight bass of the Norton.I think of the norton as Dimarzios answer to the DUncan JB but it has a little tighter low end than a JB

THe tone zone is cool in thin sounding guitars though.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2003, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Guys!

Can you compare the harmonic responce to the Steve Specail? I liked that pickup alot but there wasn't enough mids.

Tnks again :P
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2003, 04:28 PM
rgr

The Norton is for you, warmer than the SS but has all the cool harmonics of the Fred.

Roger
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 06:43 PM

Would a Norton add much snap into a dark sounding guitar????
I have tried a few nortons in bright guitars and mahogany set necks but no dark ash guitars
Freak
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-21-2004, 02:14 PM

I put a Norton in a Yamaha that had always sounded a little too dark - dull even, and it brightened it up perfectly without loosing low end. Brilliant pup for a classy rock sound.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-21-2004, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algiman
I put a Norton in a Yamaha that had always sounded a little too dark - dull even, and it brightened it up perfectly without loosing low end. Brilliant pup for a classy rock sound.
Damn that won't work for me then

My guitar is imensly dark!!

Freak

Tags
bridge pup , randy rhoads , sounding guitar , steve vai , tight bass , tone zone , van halen , vinnie moore

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode