Dimarzio Vintage output Humbuckers - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Smile Dimarzio Vintage output Humbuckers

Has anyone here bought the PAF 35th Neck and Bridge or EJ Custom Neck and Bridge?
If so, can you give me a comparison to other Dimarzio pickups you have.
Also, what guitar did you put them in?
Thanks
Sebastian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 03:25 AM

Reviews: 10
Re: Dimarzio Vintage output Humbuckers

I have the PAF 36th anniversary neck pickup in my RG2550z...very nice pickup - I would highly recommend it. It was my 3rd attempt to find a neck pup for that guitar that I liked - I wasn't going for high gain but I tried an Air Norton first but found it too dark in that guitar (although I have an Air Norton in my RG 550 and it sounds better on a guitar with a maple fingerboard) and then I tried a PAF Joe, which I found kind of 'boomy' and not as smooth as I had hoped so I tried the 36th anniversary PAF and I'm happy with it.

I actually posted an original song of mine on here a few months back and all the lead parts were recorded using my RG 2550z with the PAF 36th pup...it's a syrupy ballad that I wrote for my wife so you won't be able to hear what the pup is like doing hard rockin but it might give you a bit of an idea....here is the link:

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f25/th...ut-119630.html

Tags
paf 3th ej custom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode