dimarzio wiring on a RG1527 - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2009, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

dimarzio wiring on a RG1527

Hi everyone.

I own a 1527, bought an evolution for the bridge three months ago, installed it...all fine.

Just received an air norton for neck, installed it, all wrong: lots (a real lot) of interferences in position 2,3,4 and 5.

I think i need some kind of a guru in the pickup wiring field..

I tried two different settings, same result each time, lots of interferences, i can't tell you what i did because i ain't where the guitar is right now. I also went a little crazy with the ibanez diagram having colors that don't necessarily match the actual colors of the wires from the actual ibanez pickups (why?????)

I remember there was a thread around here on jemsite where one told the other the corresponding colors between ibz and dimarzio pickups, however, i can't find it back.

Can someone please help me, i have only two humbuckers, a classic ibanez 5 way selector and i would like to have the usual setting.
Many thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RG1527.jpg (14.0 KB, 46 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 05:38 AM

Re: dimarzio wiring on a RG1527

what "interferences" are you talking about ?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 06:05 AM Thread Starter

might not be the proper term for it...

like a constant "buzzz", especially when you aim the pickup toward electronic devices...humming? i don't know the term.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 06:19 AM Thread Starter

ok, i tried to figure it out and changed the wiring to this..

(i have a link to a photo of what i did but i can't post a url because of my post count being too low.. and attaching images here seems to shorten the size of the files)
I still have the problem but it's "better", i mean there is less "noise", but still..
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 06:19 AM Thread Starter

http : //dl.free.fr/j1UNhTzxA

without the two spaces.

its a jpg image, a close up, the air norton (neck) is the one that has its red wire connected in position 3.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

I think i'm on the right track.
I only have a slight humming when i don't touch any metalic part of the guitar, it's very quiet, but ends automatically when i touch something metalic. I think this is a ground issue.
If someone has an idea..
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 11:10 PM

I'm having the same problem, I installed the neck as the same wiring as the old pickup (except forgot to write down where black wire was so idk if that is right) and also I am completely at a loss for my bridge pickup because the stock had only 3 wires and the evo has 5. Also I am guessing I keep all the wires the same on the pots since they are the wires for the phase inversion that happens on position 2 of the 5 way.

I may wire it as Blue posted above and see if I have grounding issues, if not then you'll know it might be the ground.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 05:06 AM

Reviews: 1

You should search for the wiring diagram for Ibanez RG7620 at http://www.ibanez.com/support/wiringdiagrams.aspx
Choose instrument >guitar
Year > 1999 or so
Model RG 7620
That one has the dimarzio wiring colours, and the other parts are the same as yours, do a complete check for wrong solder grounds.

Looking at your picture there is something wrong with your white wire form the neck pickup, bur I can't be sure what it is.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 01:15 PM

But the 7620 doesn't have a phase reverse does it? The wiring would entail changing the green to hot and red to ground wouldnt it for the phase reverse? I tried a few different wirings for the neck pickup only and the thing was working, then it got really quiet and then the next morning it was only working when the selector was moved to 4 or 5 instead of 1 and 2 the night before.

WTF! I am good at wiring but I've never had these sort of problems haha, I mean I've wired Harleys before cmon
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 07:59 PM

Wow I feel stupid, it must be the migraine again. I think I was remembering incorrectly, the 1527 has parallel on the 2nd pos not a phase reverse, so everything is wired the same as that 7620 pic.... I'll try and do better in the future haha

Tags
color , dimarzio , ibanez , wire , wiring

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode