Direct mount...HELP!!!! - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Direct mount...HELP!!!!

Hey guys, I checked the forum looking for this but still not quite sure.....
My RGR1570 came with BNP direct mounted to the body. There was foam or weather stripping under them and they were compressed agaisnt it..you could even see the screw marks from under the pup pressed in. I play through an old solid state, but my chugging dies after a second....never any distortion problems when using emgs or dimarzios through basswood. All i could think about was that major tone was lost through the contact of body and pup. Would i be better off getting a new pickguard that i could mount the pups to? Or was something amiss with the mount of the pups? HELP!!!! I REALLY love this guitar and wanna get it straight!!! THANKS A BUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 04:37 PM

Re: Direct mount...HELP!!!!

this should not contribute to tone loss. so you took the pickups out?? did you replace them with something else or just put them back in?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

just took them out. planning on putting cl lf in instead. Had Deactivator x and breeds in 2 of my previous rg's without a problem. distortion was thick and heavy...not quite as good as emgs in mahogany, but acceptable. this really sounded terrible so, im afraid to put em back in...did a lot of research and it seemed EVERYONE preferred the BNP in the bassword, and that it was kinda the WHOLE theory why it was made... Not sure if the foam that was in there was cut right, or too much contact. Forgot to mention there was also a push-pull coil tap that was in. I thought i mightve been wired wrong originally, then took it to my tech who changed the 5 way toggle to a 3 way toggle and moved the coil tap from the tone to the volume position. after 80 bucks.......it sounded EXACTLY as dull as when i first got it!!! Too me, its such a sweet guitar that i wanna get it right...debating taking it to another tech about 45 min from my house to have him dremmel and throw in EMGS... My sons old RG321 with passive EMG's sounds better than my TEAM J CRAFT!!!!! Thats just WRONG!!!! Thanks for any tips!!!
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013, 03:09 PM

Sounds like it may be your guitar body and neck. I'll take it off your hands for $50

Tags
bnp , mounting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode