Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Direct mount...HELP!!!!

Tags
bnp mounting
1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  linthat22 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I checked the forum looking for this but still not quite sure.....
My RGR1570 came with BNP direct mounted to the body. There was foam or weather stripping under them and they were compressed agaisnt it..you could even see the screw marks from under the pup pressed in. I play through an old solid state, but my chugging dies after a second....never any distortion problems when using emgs or dimarzios through basswood. All i could think about was that major tone was lost through the contact of body and pup. Would i be better off getting a new pickguard that i could mount the pups to? Or was something amiss with the mount of the pups? HELP!!!! I REALLY love this guitar and wanna get it straight!!! THANKS A BUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 ·
just took them out. planning on putting cl lf in instead. Had Deactivator x and breeds in 2 of my previous rg's without a problem. distortion was thick and heavy...not quite as good as emgs in mahogany, but acceptable. this really sounded terrible so, im afraid to put em back in...did a lot of research and it seemed EVERYONE preferred the BNP in the bassword, and that it was kinda the WHOLE theory why it was made... Not sure if the foam that was in there was cut right, or too much contact. Forgot to mention there was also a push-pull coil tap that was in. I thought i mightve been wired wrong originally, then took it to my tech who changed the 5 way toggle to a 3 way toggle and moved the coil tap from the tone to the volume position. after 80 bucks.......it sounded EXACTLY as dull as when i first got it!!! Too me, its such a sweet guitar that i wanna get it right...debating taking it to another tech about 45 min from my house to have him dremmel and throw in EMGS... My sons old RG321 with passive EMG's sounds better than my TEAM J CRAFT!!!!! Thats just WRONG!!!! Thanks for any tips!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.