Dragonfire PHAT screamers, any experience? - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Dragonfire PHAT screamers, any experience?

just found those:http://www.dragonfireguitars.com/pro...oducts_id=1115

i'm looking for a green upgrade for a cheap RG. Don't want to spend too much for DiMarzios as this is only going to be a secondary axe. Anybody had any experience with these?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 09:22 PM

Re: Dragonfire PHAT screamers, any experience?

The regular screamers are okay. I just installed some green ones on a yellow RG350 for someone. They sounded better than the stock pups, but nowhere near Blazes, Breeds, or Evos.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 11:34 PM

Reviews: 15

Definitely not a fan. Had a neck version that came in my RG2EX2 that I could've done without. Muddy, no definition, and makes an INF pickup a better choice. I would get some bobbin toppers or paint whatever pickups you got in there now.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 06:27 AM

I've got their Power Rails in one of my guitars and I echo silverctr. Bit bland, muddy, and I find them to be quite noisy too. Swapping them out when I get more cash. Not impressed with Dragonfire.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 03:41 PM

I put the Crusaders in one of my Ibanez Mikros - it blows **** up! almost a perfect Invader clone. crazy cheap price to boot
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 03:49 PM

I've only tried Dragonfires once.. ish.
If you want a good cheap pickup, look at GFS. I've bought all kinds from them and have always been happy.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 10:24 PM

If you want a cheap upgrade for the stockies and you like hot pickups, try some Guitarheads hexbuckers. They come in different colors with black screws. I have all kinds of Dimarzios laying around and I still have a set of the green ones in one of my swirls that I play all the time... You can find them for $40 a pair sometimes on ebay.

I've never tried any of the GFS pickups, but they do get good reviews all over the place...

Last edited by Swirltop; 01-27-2014 at 10:35 PM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-28-2014, 11:36 PM

FWIW all three "brands" of pickups mentioned in this thread are made by the same asian manufacturer, Artec or something like that. I suppose its possible that one rebrander has a different amount of winds or specs or something...but I doubt it.

Tags
dragonfire humbuckers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode