Duncan Seymour and DiMarzio wires color - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
Smile Duncan Seymour and DiMarzio wires color

I just want to instal a Duncan Seymour Invader in the bridge of my Ibanez S320 and move the Evolution DP 159 (Bridge) in the neck of my guitar.

I have the diagram for the DiMarzio wiring but I don't know if the colors of the wires at the Duncan Seymour mean the same thing as they mean in DiMarzio.

Is there any diagram for when I install a DiMarzio humbucker in the neck and a Seymour Duncan humbucker in the bridge?

Thank You.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 06:19 PM

Re: Duncan Seymour and DiMarzio wires color

Evo in the neck??? Hmmm.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 06:23 PM

do a search at www.guitarelectronics.com. The colors of DiMarzio's and SD's are different pay attention.

regards,
Nelson
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

Smile Re: Duncan Seymour and DiMarzio wires color

Quote:
Originally Posted by callen3615 View Post
Evo in the neck??? Hmmm.
Don't worry there won't be a disaster. I'm just givn' it a shot to see how it sounds.

If I like it I'll keep it that way. If I don't like it I'll change it and most probably I'll get back to Humbucker From Hell in the neck and Evolution in the bridge. Only if I dislike it.

If someone is interested I will give a description about how does the Evolution DP159 sound in the neck.

I am crazy enough to make strange experiments. I just hope The Invader in the bridge will go well with Evo (DP159) in the neck.

Believe me I am curious too.

Last edited by Orochimaru; 07-24-2009 at 07:13 PM.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by callen3615 View Post
Evo in the neck??? Hmmm.
That is the only place it sounds good to my ears.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

I couldn't find the diagram for the Invader. Have no idea how to install it in the bridge of my Ibanez S320.

I am sorry I am so stupid.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochimaru View Post
I couldn't find the diagram for the Invader. Have no idea how to install it in the bridge of my Ibanez S320.

I am sorry I am so stupid.
Hi, all four conductor passive SD humbuckers are the same in terms of wire colors...
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 06:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsabino View Post
Hi, all four conductor passive SD humbuckers are the same in terms of wire colors...
Thanks.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

I found the difference between the DiMarzio and Seymour Duncan.

The red wire from the Seymour Duncan fits the black in the DiMarzio.

I finally wired them. The Evolution is very very cool sounding in the neck of my guitar, way better than it does in the bridge.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochimaru View Post
I found the difference between the DiMarzio and Seymour Duncan.

I finally wired them. The Evolution is very very cool sounding in the neck of my guitar, way better than it does in the bridge.
congrats great to hear you were able to get the pups connected. Yes the difference from what I remember is that the black on SD's is the red on Dimarzio's. With regards to the coil splitting, in case you use coil splits, I'm not sure if it's the same....

regards,
Nelson
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 02:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsabino View Post
congrats great to hear you were able to get the pups connected. Yes the difference from what I remember is that the black on SD's is the red on Dimarzio's. With regards to the coil splitting, in case you use coil splits, I'm not sure if it's the same....

regards,
Nelson
I don't use it splited but I guess I could find out how to connect it if I need it split. First time I connected it I amde a little mistake so that I connected only one coil and it sounded kind of cool but I want I love it in the the way th Ibanez 5 way switch works.

With the 5 way switch from Ibanez I can switch from distorted to clean sound without operating modification in the distortion pedal. In the second position of the 5 way switch I have the Evolution splited and in that position I can use some settings in the crunch mode of my Hardwire SC-2 so that I have an almost clean sound. This sound is good for balad stuff anf for clean chords. If I keep setting in the Hardwire pedal and switch to the Invader I have a thick distorted sound very good for heavy solos. With this combination of pups I can do a lot of different things. It's almost like I'd have 3 guitars in one because there are different sounds I can get just from the 5 way switch. I love it.

Thank you guys.

Tags
color , dimarzio , duncan seymour , pickup , wire

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode