Eureka! - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2013, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Eureka!

After driving half the board and my local DiMarzio dealer crazy over the past couple of months, I've finally found the middle single coil I've been searching for! I finally worked my way around to the True Velvet and it seems to be my perfect fit in the HSH config. In the Evo2/Air Norton setup, it was the perfect step between the two, now I'm wondering if it'll fit in as nicely with the Evolution bridge and neck set. I'll be trying it as soon as I find an Evo neck in white with black poles reasonably priced.

Anyone had any experience with the TV between 2 original evolutions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2013, 09:06 PM

Re: Eureka!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProgressiveHillbilly View Post
After driving half the board and my local DiMarzio dealer crazy over the past couple of months, I've finally found the middle single coil I've been searching for! I finally worked my way around to the True Velvet and it seems to be my perfect fit in the HSH config. In the Evo2/Air Norton setup, it was the perfect step between the two, now I'm wondering if it'll fit in as nicely with the Evolution bridge and neck set. I'll be trying it as soon as I find an Evo neck in white with black poles reasonably priced.

Anyone had any experience with the TV between 2 original evolutions?
I have a 3 evo set (including the middle single coil Evo) and Personally, the single coil evo is really good imo. Last year guitar center had a sale on a full evo set (evo 1 bridge, evo single and evo neck) so I picked that up and it was a great purchase.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2013, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Cool! I'm having to piecemeal mine 1 pup at a time tho, and I haven't come across any Evo singles. I figure most of them came in the full set so that's why they're scarce as stand-alones. If it worked better than the TV, I'd be all over it.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-04-2013, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Cool! I'm having to piecemeal mine 1 pup at a time tho, and I haven't come across any Evo singles. I figure most of them came in the full set so that's why they're scarce as stand-alones. If it worked better than the TV, I'd be all over it.
Well the set was only like 150 because of the online sale price and a 20% discount for 4th of July. Retails for over 300 so I got a major steal on the set.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-04-2013, 06:49 AM

Smile Re: Eureka!

Quote:
They are all over Ebay used and NEW.
They are call the ISCV2, not EVO single.
That's why you haven't found them.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-04-2013, 10:37 AM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIMARZIO-ISC...item51a50ffb2b Here you are, Hillbilly, an Evo single coil
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-05-2013, 09:59 PM

banjomikez have white F-spaced Evo neck pickups with black poles.

Tags
middle pickup , true velvet

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode