Evolution pickups - Page 3 - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-03-2021, 04:40 PM

Re: Evolution pickups

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsXLine6 View Post
This is beginning to remind me of the saying... "You don't ever argue with a person in public that is ignorant... Because no one can tell the difference".
I've always like this one from I think Mark Twain... Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-03-2021, 07:32 PM

I suppose I must not be very smart considering I speak 3 languages.

If you think me trying to learn something from a writeup in a language that is not my mother tongue would be just as simple and easy as you learning it

then you clearly have no idea how languages work or how difficult it can be to master a language to a level that is high enough to even dream of attempting to learn something as complex as a guitar setup and repairs can be from a simple writeup

Thats I asked for a video, the universal language

My ability to learn something complex like these bridges and setup from a simple written guide that is not my mother tongue is not the same as yours, not even close.

If anything, it probably makes smarter and more determined cause despite being basically handicapped when it comes to my ability to grasp the language, Im still trying to learn the skills and find other ways to obtain this knowledge such as videos etc

That doesn’t make me ignorant, were simply not at the same level when it comes to learning from written English

Last edited by Fowleri; 02-03-2021 at 07:55 PM.
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-03-2021, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fowleri View Post
That doesn’t make me ignorant, were simply not at the same level when it comes to learning from written English
No, what makes you ignorant is your refusal to invest your own time in learning it from first principles i.e. by doing it. What makes you ‘entitled’ is the expectation that if you can’t do it on the first try then other peoples guides aren’t good enough because they’re written in the authors’ native language.

If you wish to continue posting here, you need to learn some manners and decorum. You English if fantastic. Your attitude, less so.
post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-03-2021, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fowleri View Post
I suppose I must not be very smart considering I speak 3 languages.
That all depends on the neurological study you are referencing. Newer research points in that direction that being multilingual does not have an impact on overall intelligence because language skills come from the parietal lobe of the brain. The frontal lobe is where reasoning and problem solving skills (also known as fluid intelligence) come from which is what IQ test measure. Currently the IQ test is the standard.

There is the parieto-frontal integration theory that proposes higher intelligence comes from better communication efficiency between several areas of the brain including the prefrontal cortex, parietal lobe, anterior cingulate cortex, and other specific areas of the brain. I personally like this theory because it gives a better picture of how parts of the brain work together to produce intelligence. But this theory gives rise to measuring intelligence in how efficient each part communicates with each other, not a measure of each part individually. Which somewhat goes back to the original point that being multilingual does not automatically equal more intelligence.

You keep saying you have a hard time understanding a simple writeup in English which is not in your native tongue... ever hear of google translate? Why don't you take the writeup, drop it in there, then read it in your native language? Between google translate or any other programs available it shouldn't be that hard to get a good translation. Seems more like a comprehension and reasoning problem more than a language problem to me.

You can respond with whatever snarky comments you like, but I grow tired of your nonsense. I will only be replying back to this thread if it pertains to the original subject.

I apologize to the OP for being part of the reason this discussion got off track. Hopefully you were able to get the advice you needed before things went off the rails. If you need further advice I will help where I can and do my best (and hope everyone else will too) to keep my responses to the topic at hand.

Last edited by madasahatter; 02-03-2021 at 09:31 PM.
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-04-2021, 05:55 PM

This is my one and only guitar. I’d rather not experiment on it and possibly mess it up. Which is why I want to learn from the best in regards to these particular instruments.

Last edited by Fowleri; 02-04-2021 at 06:28 PM.
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-04-2021, 06:22 PM

Try Youtube? Do you want to learn to set up your guitar or do you want to repeatedly tell everyone here how you can't?
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-04-2021, 06:28 PM

Stewmac has these DVDS on how to learn do a setup but I cant find any reviews on them. Youtube is no good. There are some videos that give you a quick summary but they don’t go into details.

I know how and where to adjust the bridge angle now and how to adjust the action, that’s about it.

I don’t know how to intonate. I figure if I buy one of those Ibanez intonation tool, it should make it easier.

https://www.stewmac.com/luthier-tool...nd-basses.html
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-04-2021, 06:39 PM

Every guitar that is popular in this forum was inspired by the guy who decided to make the first super strat style guitar because not a single manufacturer made what he wanted. Eddie Van Halen took strat style body he got for free from a company called boogie bodies because it had a knot in the wood..., carved out the bridge position pickup hole with a hammer and chisel, and put a es335 humbucker in it's place and completely assembled from parts what he wanted... With no technical training what so ever. He was young guy! Around 20 years old.Trial and error is the best way to learn. Or as the saying goes... "Learn by doing".

My father is the one who taught me how to do the basic stuff with my guitar. Now I teach him things. He would never let me watch, just explain it to me and hand me the tools. It's not so easy to really do anything to your instrument that will damage it, unless you gouge something... or cause some sort of physical damage. Or do something stupid like tighten a truss rod until it breaks.

I had 2 full years of on the job training as a forklift tech. I learned more in my first year by myself with no one to answer questions than I did those first 2 years of training. Your brain retains things better if you have to figure them out. With all the information you have obtained from this forum, if you can't use trail and error to eventually do a good setup then you'd be one of those guys you say... that can't do it. Some people can't work with their hands... It blows me away that men nowadays can't even change the oil in their cars... It's a damn drain plug... And a filter... you have the basic info. Now experiment with that information and "learn by doing". Stop being timid and grab the bull by the balls.
aesthyrian likes this.

Last edited by JsXLine6; 02-04-2021 at 06:51 PM.
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-04-2021, 06:41 PM

And btw, I gave you an in-depth description of how to set intonation on your guitar through private message 3 days ago and you read it... Reread it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode