Fernandez 401 sustainer wiring questions - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

2Likes
  • 1 Post By j.arledge
  • 1 Post By j.arledge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

Fernandez 401 sustainer wiring questions

So ive emailed fernandez 3 times to no avail, and posted in various other forums. I want to take the 5 way switch out of the equation, so that the driver functions as a driver ONLY. So essentially i want a single humbucker guitar with a sustainer that only works when i hit the switch any help or diagrams would be much appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 03:36 AM

Re: Fernandez 401 sustainer wiring questions

Can you put 5-way switch in electronic cavity, and leave it there in bridge pickup position?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 07:14 AM Thread Starter

I could, but im trying to save space as the body i have is kinda small and limited on room, im trying to not remove more wood then i have to, i already have to route for the trem cavity and a battery box and the switch circuit board.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Nobody? Really?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 07:11 PM

the diagram i am looking at shows that one of the lugs on the switch gets the output from the sustainer as well as connects to the volume pot on one of the outside lugs. You will need to take that wire that comes from the sustainer's pc board, and the hot wire from your bridge pickup and connect both wires to the same lug of the volume pot that was original connected to the switch.

I'll see if i can make a diagram just to make sure you get what I am saying.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 07:33 PM

So the red is what needs to happen. The connections on the switch will need to go the volume pot outer lug highlighted in red. This should bypass all the rest of the switch and you should be able to cut the rest of the switch out.

the driver/neck pickup output on the left side of the drawing should just be for the actual pickup part of the driver so it shouldn't be needed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg InkedFSK401jpg_Page3_LI.jpg (256.9 KB, 27 views)
Hoseki likes this.

Last edited by j.arledge; 03-21-2019 at 07:40 PM. Reason: needed to modify the diagram
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

So your saying that this will leave me with just a bridge and then when i hit the on switch for the driver go direct to that?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xk6m6m5x View Post
So your saying that this will leave me with just a bridge and then when i hit the on switch for the driver go direct to that?
that should give you just the bridge pickup. With the sustainer engaged it should give you just bridge pickup, and only sustainer together(no actual neck pickup).
Hoseki likes this.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode