Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Front to back route

956 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  JsXLine6 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,

The body of my RG550LTD cracked so I ordered a replacement body.
I chose a back route instead of the original front route with pickguard.

The route for the pickups is only 1.6cm or about 5/8 of an inch deep.
It won't fit the pickups I had (V7, S1, V2).
Is it a standard route depth and are the Ibanez pickups made for use with a pickguard and not suited for direct mounting? Or is the pup route normally deeper?

Also I noticed the pickups aren't wired like in the wiring diagram by Ibanez.
The wiring for the neck and bridge humbucker were switched. I guess the selector switch was rotated so I never noticed? Or does what I just said not make any sense at all :)

Anyways, I'll probably gonna have to buy new pups :( Any suggestions for a HSH setup, direct mounted on a mahogany body (tone/volume/5 selector switch, rosewood 24fret fretboard and a lo pro edge trem). I mostly play blues and metal :)

Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
If the guitar isn't assembled, how do you know the pickups are too tall? After all the neck sits up higher than the pickups. I've noticed a custom guitar I have with direct mount pickups... The neck sits a lot higher in the neck pocket than either of my guitars that have ring mount pickups. Have you put the neck in the body and compared the pickup height?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.