good dimarzio's for rg520? - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 02:28 AM Thread Starter

good dimarzio's for rg520?

I wanna put a pair of dimarzio's in my mahogony rg520
i want a pickup that will pickup pinch harmonics realllll easy with alott of gain,
but so that i can also control the tone to be able to put out a real bluesy tone.
what kinda pickup should i put in?
i'd like my guitar to sound like newer "As I Lay Dying" guitar, but as i said still have alot of versatility
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 02:34 AM

Reviews: 13
Re: good dimarzio's for rg520?

I don't want to sound cliched......but how about an EVO?

-Wolfram
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 02:36 AM Thread Starter

a set of EVO's? like a neck and bridge set?
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 03:56 AM

I'd say forget the EVOs. I tried them and really didnt like them, in my opinion the Evo 2 is far superior (and sounds INCREDIBLE coil tapped). Despite that, my choice for bridge humbucker is the Dimarzio Steve Special. It has and always will be my favorite bridge pup. For the neck, if its a humbucker, Air Norton, if its a single coil, Cruiser. I have tried SO many Dimarzios and those are my faves (especially in a basswood bod).
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 05:30 AM

I don't know about the Evo 2, I paired it with an Evo neck but it lacked punch and sounded thin compared to the Evo neck. It was rich in harmonics though. Since then I have installed a Tone Zone, which I liked very much, but I'm currently testing a a Breed bridge that was installed yesterday.

Still looking for an Evo bridge, to see how it compares with the others, because the Evo neck has left me impressed.

Last edited by axemanrio; 05-11-2008 at 07:22 AM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 07:10 AM

Reviews: 13

I have not used the EVO2 - however based on YOUR requirements (not mine)I would still try an EVO in the bridge and maybe a breed or a PAF Pro in the neck for the blusier sound that you are after. I would imagine that you would be safe with any of the options mentioned above.

-Wolfram
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 05:04 PM

Air Norton and D-Sonic, neck and bridge respectively
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 02:32 AM Thread Starter

as i said, i'd like some pups with AMAZINGLY high output, but also with that ability to pull a s***load of tone out of, lots of harmonics as well..
they don't necissarily have to be dimarzios.. i just like all the cool color options lol

Tags
air norton , breed bridge , bridge hum , bridge humbucker , bridge pup , coil tap , dimarzio steve , evo bridge , paf pro , pinch harmonics , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode