ground loop prevention qwesion - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

ground loop prevention qwesion

Hello .....Im in the process of hooking all my electronics back up on the bc rich (yikes) Old warlock since installing a Motherbucker & a domarzio in the neck. Although I have most of it all wired in, Iv e saved the actual ground system till last. I have 1 wire coming from Trem claw. 1 ground coming off theoutput jack ...... All I have for setup is 1 vol pot & 1 switch ......... Does anyone know what is the best method for avoiding a Ground Loop??

Ive HEARD ya have to make the strightest path from the claw to the output jack with No cut-backs anywhere,meaning cant run ground down to the pot then cutback & go to switch then go BACK again towards the Output jack, instead just keep it as straight as possible & simple as possible.

Im gonna use the Last thing b4 the OP jack as grounding point which will be Vol pot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
ground hum wiring

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode