Ibanez JEM Forum banner

grounding question

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  AttillaDeHunt 
#1 ·
I own a bunch of guitars. I have mostly Ibanez. a range from $300 RG series to Jem Premium . I cant afford the $3000 jem. but that neither here nore there. I notice on the Prestige RG655 and the RG 450m INDO that when plugged into the boss j
katana 100/212 and or ether amps that it I touch the trem arm or knobs (metal) that the Buzzing almost vanishes. is there a way to prevent the amount of Buzzing or do I want it to buzz? my other gutar that shall be nameless does not seem to have the buzzing it has EMG Active Pickups. and if this is a grounding issue might you suggest a method to fix this issue with out effecting the sustainiac pickup. thank you.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Your tremolo should be grounded already... Usually there is a ground wire attached to the tremolo spring plate in the back of the guitar. You might check and make sure your electrical outlet is grounded, maybe try plugging the amp in to a different outlet in another area of your house?

On another note... How do you like the amp? I looked at getting one a while back and decided to wait, but I'm curious about them still.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.