help with hsh - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation help with hsh

Sometime ago my guitar started to make a crackling sound so I decided to change the volume knobs. I tried to change it my self and took everything out and left it in its case and went to school when i came back my little brother had messed with it and took everything appart. Now i dont know how to put it all together. It is a Jackson Performer with seymour duncan pickups in H-S-H configuration, one volume and one tone knob, and a regular 5 way switch. Can anyone explain how i can fix my guitar. I know how to use a solder gun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 11:23 PM

Re: help with hsh

ever try to look at duncan's website for a diagram ?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

Yes...did not help much because im not a techy guy. The schematics they have ther are a bit complicated. I was hoping one of you could send me a picture or diagram I could understand.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 12:57 AM

Have a look at this, you should be able to understand the drawing.
Hum-sing-hum configuration, 1 vol, 1 tone, wired with coil taps using a standard american CRL-type switch.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/website..._tone_spl.html

Note: if you don't want the coil taps on position 2 and 4, don't solder the red and white wires to the right hand side of the switch. Just join them together. You'll just end up getting the full humbucker and the single coil in positions 2 and 4.

(if none of that makes any sense to you, just follow the diagram and don't worry about it ).
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 01:02 AM

it helps if you get confused easily to outline the wire colors in the diagram in the correct color , white , green , red , black also to color in the areas to sod. (ie. yellow) and areas to ground (ie. orange)

Last edited by Ralsch; 05-19-2005 at 01:07 AM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 01:29 AM Thread Starter

Thanx for the help.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-20-2005, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

I'm back. Well I tried the diagram but guess what? It did'nt work. The switch I have has 8 little metal hanging out in a straight line. The one that is on the picture also has eight, but 4 on one side and 4 on the other. I tried them in order first and didnt work at all. I tried dividing them and acting as if one side was the first four and the other side was the other four and only the two humbuckers worked. Any other suggestions.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-20-2005, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

I was browsing through some posts and i found this picture. My switch is just like this one. http://www.tremol-no.com/images/DiM_8poleRev2.jpg

Tags
coil tap , duncan pickups , seymour duncan , seymour duncan pickups , volume knobs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode