Help with pickup swap - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Help with pickup swap

I'm having alot of trouble wiring a dimarzio evolution into the bridge position of my RG3EX1 guitar. I've looked at every wiring diagram I can find and I still don't know where to solder the different wires. My stock pickup has only a white, red, and an uncovered wire. The evo has a red, green, black, white, and uncovered wire. Its a standard HH setup with 1 volume and one tone. Here is a picture.

Edit: never mind I apparently can't.

Can someone help me out. The dimarzio wiring diagram has some switch in it I've never seen before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Re: Help with pickup swap

Nobody?

I think I'll just wing it.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 05:34 PM

Can't find a diagram for the rg3, Usually for the Evo, the red is the signal output the black and white are soldered together as the coil tap and the green is the ground, I guess the uncovered wire is the ground on the one you have and either the red or white is the signal with the other being the tap wire, have a go red for red and black/white for white and see if it's ok, if not swap the red and black/white...
Jim
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 07:13 PM

Reviews: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vim Fuego View Post
Can't find a diagram for the rg3, Usually for the Evo, the red is the signal output the black and white are soldered together as the coil tap and the green is the ground, I guess the uncovered wire is the ground on the one you have and either the red or white is the signal with the other being the tap wire, have a go red for red and black/white for white and see if it's ok, if not swap the red and black/white...
Jim
Yup, that's right.

Bare and green together, to where the bare wire was
Black and white together, to where the white wire was
Red to where the red wire was
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 05:01 AM

Look here.....

some options for wiring... choose what you want.

seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode