Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Help with Pickups RGA8420 JCustom

Tags
pickups
953 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Kev0202 
#1 · (Edited)
I need some help with a pick up configuration. I picked up a J Custom two years ago from a limited run. The RGA8420. I purchased some lace finger burners because I purchased the blue model.

I have configured pick ups before but I have never seen this thing between the pots. I will show you what I am dealing with in terms of wires. I know I could figure this out but I thought I would share as well. Our tech here works for Long and Mcuade and he wants to charge me 150 dollars and take it home.

Anyway, I open the cavity after about five minutes my head hurts....

Here are some pictures of the guts of the guitar. The lace are one orange wire, then a white and green that are pre soldered alongwith a white and red. The dimarzio you can see are a single white to the selector, a single red to the selector and a binded black and green to the selector. Then I have this thing with a red and green binded to it and a white and black. All other wires either go from the pots to the input.

I think this guitar would look beautiful with these, I have heard good things about them.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
The thing between the pots is the mini toggle switch used to split both pickups?

Based on looking at a picture of the front of the guitar and reading its features on Ibanez Wiki.

The guitar is probably wired similar to the following, except you have a 3-way lever switch instead of a 3-way toggle for the pickup selector.

https://d2emr0qhzqfj88.cloudfront.net/s3fs-public/diagrams/2h1v1t_3w_all1dpdtonoffon_0.pdf

Couldn't find a wiring diagram exactly like this guitar (2 Humbucker/1 Volume/1 Tone/3-Way Lever Switch/1 Mini Toggle Switch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.