Help with Pickups RGA8420 JCustom - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Help with Pickups RGA8420 JCustom

I need some help with a pick up configuration. I picked up a J Custom two years ago from a limited run. The RGA8420. I purchased some lace finger burners because I purchased the blue model.

I have configured pick ups before but I have never seen this thing between the pots. I will show you what I am dealing with in terms of wires. I know I could figure this out but I thought I would share as well. Our tech here works for Long and Mcuade and he wants to charge me 150 dollars and take it home.

Anyway, I open the cavity after about five minutes my head hurts....

Here are some pictures of the guts of the guitar. The lace are one orange wire, then a white and green that are pre soldered alongwith a white and red. The dimarzio you can see are a single white to the selector, a single red to the selector and a binded black and green to the selector. Then I have this thing with a red and green binded to it and a white and black. All other wires either go from the pots to the input.

I think this guitar would look beautiful with these, I have heard good things about them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail_20200215_161058.jpg (80.5 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Adam Radford; 02-15-2020 at 07:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-21-2020, 03:12 AM

Re: Help with Pickups RGA8420 JCustom

Both very good guitars, neither will be disappointing really. All comes down to your budget here. The J Custom is "better" overall but that is subjective since it will come down to the player to fully determine that, but at least from a design point it will have better materials, possibly better playability and other things.
Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.1.1

Last edited by nazima; 02-24-2020 at 08:57 AM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-21-2020, 02:26 PM

Re: Help with Pickups RGA8420 JCustom

The thing between the pots is the mini toggle switch used to split both pickups?

Based on looking at a picture of the front of the guitar and reading its features on Ibanez Wiki.

The guitar is probably wired similar to the following, except you have a 3-way lever switch instead of a 3-way toggle for the pickup selector.

https://d2emr0qhzqfj88.cloudfront.ne...tonoffon_0.pdf

Couldn't find a wiring diagram exactly like this guitar (2 Humbucker/1 Volume/1 Tone/3-Way Lever Switch/1 Mini Toggle Switch

Last edited by Kev0202; 02-21-2020 at 02:30 PM. Reason: add info

Tags
pickups

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode