Help Wiring Ibanez Rt-150 with coil tap - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Help Wiring Ibanez Rt-150 with coil tap

Hello all, I am by no means a electrical guy. I have a tech that I use for that but I am looking for some info on how to do what i am trying to do.

I am rebuilding a 93 RT-150. I bought a pair of dimarzio breeds to put in it, along with probably a single coil s1. I would like to put in a new 5 way switch and a push pull pot for tapping the coils.

I'll need a switch, and a push pull pot for tone control and a new pot for my volume.

What I think I am wanting to do is have the 5 way switch do the regular pattern of coil splits and when the push pull is pulled up i want that same pattern but of course have the single coil sound instead of the full HB.

Mainly I just want full humbucker sounds on neck and bridge and strat sound on those as well. can anyone advise me on diagrams and parts for this? I have googled till I am tired.

Thank you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

Re: Help Wiring Ibanez Rt-150 with coil tap

anyone? Was hoping i could get some advice so i can order the right parts today before i leave work. (where i have the internet).

Thanks for any advice and help
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 07:37 PM

Re: Help Wiring Ibanez Rt-150 with coil tap

what you want is easy but i can't find a diagram of it exactly so i will have to use a couple of different diagrams to try and explain. If i get a chance i will make you a diagram.

You should get this switch. I have used them in a few guitars. They are solid, reliable, and easy to solder.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electron...b=Instructions

I know that digram is for a strat with single coils but you are going to wire the switch the same way. The red wire from your Dimarzios will go to the switch in their respective locations.

Now as far as you wanting to coil split the neck and bridge. Do you want them to always be split at the same time ? If so you can use 1 push/pull pot to do both neck and bridge pickups.

If you want to have the option of only the neck being split or only the bridge being split then you will need two push/pull pots.

The push/pull part doesn't determine whether the pot is volume control or tone control so you could have your 1 push/pull for your volume or your tone or have 2 push/pull pots making it 1 pot for the neck and 1 for the bridge.

You may also consider a non-standard function switch like this one.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electron...h_E-Model.html

either way you can pm me with exactly what you are looking for and i will do my best to help you out.

Tags
coil tap , hsh wiring , rt150

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode