High output pickups - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

High output pickups

Hi guys,I am new here so please be gentle

I am looking for a new bridge pick up for my Ibanez sabre prestige FW207520, I already own a S470 with a Dimarzio D sonic in the bridge and love its aggression and general tonality, its my main gigging guitar.The prestige however fitted with stock dimarzio/IBZ pups has a more generic rock tone which is lovely but I play groove orientated metal.

If I like the D sonic so much why dont I just buy another of them? well I dont want 2 sabre's that sound almost identical its really as simple as that.

Tone wise I am after burn my eyes era machine head.

I have narrowed my choice of pups down to the following any advice on response tone etc... in a solid body mahogany guitar would be excellent.

DiMarzio - X2N or D Activator-X or dominions

Seymour Duncan - Invader or Distortion

or Bare Knuckle pickups Warpig or Aftermath

So they are the 7 pups I have managed to narrow my search down to,as I say I play aggressive groove metal and like the tone of early MachineHead.

any help would be great.

Cheers Craig

Btw this is a repost as I am a der brain and my original post as pointed out by another kind forum member was in the wrong place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 01:20 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98
Re: High output pickups

Go check out the comparison shopping section for reviews we've posted of those pickups--might help you out.
Much more info there than thread replies.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Cool,cheers man
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 04:53 PM

Super 3 and Super 2, best combo ever IMO.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 05:51 PM

Reviews: 120

Go the Dominions. These are great for tight articulate metal tones. Love them!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

I am really starting to like the look of dominions,Mark Morton is a tone monster too which is certainly a nice selling point!
is it just me though or is choosing a set of new PUPS immensely harder than choosing a new guitar? too much choice!!! at-least with guitars I know exactly what I want (everything!!!)

Tags
ibanez s

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode