How could I wire this if possible? - Jemsite
Pickups & wiring Discussion about pickup types, replacements, recomendations, switching, wiring diagrams and sustainer systems for ANY guitar, JEMs included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

How could I wire this if possible?

I have a Tone zone (bridge), and an S1 (middle), no neck for my S470
I want a volume to control both pickups, a 3 way switch (strat style), and if possible a push pull pot for the tone zone which will replace the tone knob. I'm also unsure if a push pull is short enough to fit in the cavity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 11:02 PM

Re: How could I wire this if possible?

the push pull pot will only work on the volume pot. the tone pot for a saber is way too shallow. so basically, you have a tele, right? at least as far as switching is concerned. wire it up like a tele, then wire the tap to the push pull pot on the volume. call it a day.

rich
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 11:37 PM

Re: How could I wire this if possible?

Here's an option if you don't use the tone knob(I never do so its a wasted knob normally). Unwire the tone knob but leave the case grounded. Take the 2 wires of the humbucker that would get hooked together in a standard humbucking setup and solder them to the center lug on the tone pot. Now when you back the tone knob down, you will gradually bypass one coil(tone all the way off gives straight single coil). If you wire a phase switch before the tone control, you can switch between each coil when in single mode.

Last edited by albee1952; 03-11-2008 at 12:37 PM.

Tags
strat style , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode