Ibanez JEM Forum banner

how to change guitar pickups?

23K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  son_of_zion 
#1 ·
Hi, I wanted to change my guitar pickups, I have an SZ520qm and i want to change the pickups with Pafpro on bridge and neck, or maybe humbucker from hell in the neck, i want to change it myself coz' its so expensive in the guitar shop... the guitar tech told me its $60 an hour i was like :O.. so im thinking changing it by myself. Can anyone help me start? thanks... or is there any site with videos? or even pics?

#9 ·
I actually wired a Fred and an Air Norton into my Floyd Classic Strat today, it was actually the most difficult install I've done. It was a mess in there.

If your OCD then prepare to get crazy on the factorys sloppy work!

Either way it's a good feeling to do your own 'tech work'.

Also, the CS at Dimarzio is awesome, email them if you run into any problems. Good luck.

#10 ·
If you're like myself and many other people on this board with a combination of GAS (gear acquisition syndrome) and an incurable jonesing for swapping out p/ups in every guitar they get, you will save hundreds of dollars by learning how to do your own guitar wiring. Good for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.